Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Midweek Storm DISCO part III

DomNH

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ray's area really torched overnight. Are you at 32-33 like the airport? Luckily down to 30.7 here

I'm not back home yet, still up in N Chelmsford. But closest mesonet site to my place in N ORH is 31F. Temps are dropping from the W and NW...the highest temp it recorded was actually after winds went NW last night....as we thought.

Gray is talking dirty to me:

A WEAK DISTURBANCE WILL ENTER THE FORECAST AREA FROM PA/NY DURING

THE MID MORNING HOURS. THIS DISTURBANCE WILL BE RIDING EAST

ALONG/NEAR THE BOUNDRY OF COLDER AIR WHICH WILL SLOWLY EASE INTO

OUR REGION TODAY. THE GFS IS EVEN SHOWING SIGNS OF WEAK BANDING

IN SNOW SHOWERS OVER SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE AND ADJACENT

SOUTHWEST MAINE THIS AFTERNOON AS AN INVERTED TROUGH WILL BE

FORMING OVER THE FORECAST AREA AS WELL. WILL NEED TO MONITOR THIS

CLOSELY FOR POTENTIAL NORLUN TYPE TROUGH ENHANCEMENT OF THE SNOW...AND

FOR NOW...HAVE HANDLED WITH HIGH POPS AND AN INCH OR TWO

ACCUMULATION OF SNOW IN THIS AREA.

Area of precip expandind nicely just to the west. On the doorstep now as I'm about to head out to 2K. several more inches looks likely at this point. The days pass quickly when you're working in the snow. I never want Winter to end. So good.

Morning Pete! Awesome isn't it? Big Winter arrived and incoming. Have to get to Philly today and tonight so I'll miss today's fun. Back tomorrow, up here, or will stay in Bos if they will get a biggie on Friday. Wish I could ski but am out walking, snowshoeing and maybe some xcountry.

You going to the GTG?

Morning Pete! Awesome isn't it? Big Winter arrived and incoming. Have to get to Philly today and tonight so I'll miss today's fun. Back tomorrow, up here, or will stay in Bos if they will get a biggie on Friday. Wish I could ski but am out walking, snowshoeing and maybe some xcountry.

You going to the GTG?

I'm unsure but am leaning toward going. You? Skiing supercedes just about everything (except family which I've brainwashed into being ski fanatics as well.lol) I have been having such a blast skiing. So nice to have all the backcountry routes here wide open. Spent some time over the last few years pruning certain steep pitches in the off season and now that hard work is paying dividends. I wish I had the money to buy a ski area as I really want to create a mecca for ski bums.lol

I'm unsure but am leaning toward going. You? Skiing supercedes just about everything (except family which I've brainwashed into being ski fanatics as well.lol) I have been having such a blast skiing. So nice to have all the backcountry routes here wide open. Spent some time over the last few years pruning certain steep pitches in the off season and now that hard work is paying dividends. I wish I had the money to buy a ski area as I really want to create a mecca for ski bums.lol

LOL...you do..who are you kidding?

I will be there...finally a GTG since the last one I went to in 08-09 season. Only a blizzard could keep me away! lol and that would be okay...Actually the idea would be a blizzard incoming on Sunday so we can weenie out on model runs on Saturday.

Envision it happening. You seem to be good at making things happen. Act as if it is happening and you might be surprised. That is how most things have happened in my life.

Here you go. Re-open this one.

http://activerain.com/blogsview/1354075/own-your-own-resort-evergreen-valley-resort-east-stoneham-maine-

ended up with 7.5" yesterday. got a bit of freezing rain at the end, and now the driveway is iced over about 1" thick. had to spread fireplace ashes to get out this AM.

another couple inches would be great tonight, but I don't really want that on top of the skating rink that is my driveway.

Because my snowpack is hurting after the past 24 hours whistle.gif

honestly...no violence...I just don't care for posts that take IMBY forecasts and generalize them to a whole region. Yeah a few places with some elevation will pick up some light accumulation today...many of us won't.

As of 11 am

dxr rain

hpn rain

bdr rain

bdl rain

no snow in ct unless you are way up in elevation./

Because my snowpack is hurting after the past 24 hours whistle.gif

honestly...no violence...I just don't care for posts that take IMBY forecasts and generalize them to a whole region. Yeah a few places with some elevation will pick up some light accumulation today...many of us won't.

Yeah, we're screwed. Rain for us while the snow melts and we can't dry off areas that would be nice to dry. They'll turn into a slick ice tonight. Fantastic day :arrowhead:

Archived