• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Midweek Storm DISCO part III

DomNH

Please tell me I'm not the only one who had the snowblower going for 2" of slush?

. . . There is reasoning behind it. Mainly the sloping driveway and what happens after this crap freezes. It is NOT pretty. We are not looking at a huge warm up before the next cold, so I would be looking at a serious skating rink in the near future.

I used the snowblower and went to my brothers and did his place too, he just had a back operation so hes out of commisiion for the winter, i dont want to end up like him so no shoveling for me.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I saw what Scott meant.....alot of the pavement has a film of ice on it, but nothing else does....not even the snow has a crust....strange.

I have a net gain of about 2-3", I think.

That happens a lot, last winter I had an extreme flash freeze on the driveway at 36 ,posted about it on Eastern the ground is well below freezing. Heat transfer from the water to the ground reduces the temp of the water.

I'm not sure why people have to feel "special" about shoveling tons of snow and don't even want to touch a snowblower...with that mentality you're only hurting yourself. If you think it makes yourself look cool or makes it seem like you appreciate snow more b/c you're shoveling it well you're wrong...unless you love to jeopardize your health, than by all means shovel away.

I would kill to have a snowblower right now. I hurt my back 2 years ago skating, it's been pretty bad ever since but I've been able to manage the pain which has been incredibly stupid on my part but that's the way I brought myself up. From about October to December the back pain of mine seemed to subside, then the 12/26 storm came...shoveled that and the next day my back was real stiff...thought nothing of it...well it's been stiff since and has gotten much worse, especially with the barrage of snow. I can barely bend down now b/c the pain/stiffness is so bad, making sudden movements hurts like hell, even sneezing hurts like hell. It feels like there is a knife in my lower back.

Shoveling massive amounts of snow doesn't make you any better than anyone nor does it mean that you appreciate snow and big events better than anyone...it just makes you stupid. Technology has improved for the well being of humans, this is part of the reason as to why life expectancy has increased vastly over the past century.

Man, I saw what Scott meant.....alot of the pavement has a film of ice on it, but nothing else does....not even the snow has a crust....strange.

I have a net gain of about 2-3", I think.

I walked around outside and almost killed myself. My front sidewalk never gets the sun, so it was complete ice.

Just took a weenie walk to see how icy the road was and almost went for a sh*tter right there in the middle of the street :arrowhead:. Haven't seen ice on the ground like this in a long time.

a couple years ago i went out to 'admire' the ice.....i was very very cautious, moving one small micro step at a time.

still managed to take a header while standing still practically, fell straight on my back 5 feet from the porch.....could not get back up due to ice sheet no traction.

had to crawl back on hands and knees barely....sloped driveway FTL

never again

salt

I'm not sure why people have to feel "special" about shoveling tons of snow and don't even want to touch a snowblower...with that mentality you're only hurting yourself. If you think it makes yourself look cool or makes it seem like you appreciate snow more b/c you're shoveling it well you're wrong...unless you love to jeopardize your health, than by all means shovel away.

I would kill to have a snowblower right now. I hurt my back 2 years ago skating, it's been pretty bad ever since but I've been able to manage the pain which has been incredibly stupid on my part but that's the way I brought myself up. From about October to December the back pain of mine seemed to subside, then the 12/26 storm came...shoveled that and the next day my back was real stiff...thought nothing of it...well it's been stiff since and has gotten much worse, especially with the barrage of snow. I can barely bend down now b/c the pain/stiffness is so bad, making sudden movements hurts like hell, even sneezing hurts like hell. It feels like there is a knife in my lower back.

Shoveling massive amounts of snow doesn't make you any better than anyone nor does it mean that you appreciate snow and big events better than anyone...it just makes you stupid. Technology has improved for the well being of humans, this is part of the reason as to why life expectancy has increased vastly over the past century.

:lmao: :lmao:

Did it come out of the chute like a Snoopy Sno Cone machine?

Before my current snowblower I had an ancient one that did that...all the time.

New(er) one is the bomb. Still wind up shoveling quite a bit to tidy up, but no need to kill yerself to look tough to the neighbors

LOL. No, it's only about 10 years old. I do have to keep the base of the chute clear more often during junk slush like this.

Tried out Crotched Mountain today which I figured would be the jackpot.. Sick deal. twofer tuesday. 2 adult tix for $50.

Ripped snow the whole way there and the entire morning. 8-10" of silky cool whip powpow. Sans crust. Not too heavy. Freshies all day. :snowman::thumbsup:

Headed out around 3 right as the pingers started appearing. Drove through Keene on the way home, stopping for dinner with some fam, and down 91.

Much better driving in snow than ZR. whatever... bit of a white knuckler but totally worth it.

Totaled probably 4"+ in noho and 5.5" in belchertown. Compression factor left snow depth in the yard almost unchanged. 1/8" glaze on the trees.

Looks like a decent shot at 2" for N of the pike today...T-1" elsewhere. The batch near NYC and SW CT though has been poorly modeled (06z nam did have it, but fizzled it very quickly), so who knows exactly what will happen. That stuff would initially be rain most likely for the next 2-3 hours with maybe some marginal glaze in the colder spots.

Archived