Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Midweek Storm DISCO part III

DomNH

temps falling back nicely in sw ct.

bdr down to 36 off of 39, more importantly dps are dropping and the wind has gone north here at the hacienda.

34.8/34

n at 6

hpn dp at 33 with a nw wind.

Things are going to get dicey around town soon, plenty of standing slush and water, with plenty of ll moisture/drizzle and fog.

4-8 of powder will be so simple and nice, next week looks nuggalicious.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

temps falling back nicely in sw ct.

bdr down to 36 off of 39, more importantly dps are dropping and the wind has gone north here at the hacienda.

34.8/34

n at 6

hpn dp at 33 with a nw wind.

Things are going to get dicey around town soon, plenty of standing slush and water, with plenty of ll moisture/drizzle and fog.

4-8 of powder will be so simple and nice, next week looks nuggalicious.

:weenie:

Wondering if we do go below 32 winds are light and variable to our SW, temps are not falling to our north but rising, the atmosphere is mixed out.

Flow turns nne as soon as this thing pulls away..so we should drop back into upper 20's to near 30..The forecast for mid 20's might be too low..I'm hopeful that precip in NY state will be snow for all of us tomorrow morning

Wondering if we do go below 32 winds are light and variable to our SW, temps are not falling to our north but rising, the atmosphere is mixed out.

I agree, which is why I was suprised that Scotter suggested we would....I think it stays put....maybe far se falls and far interior rises and we all meet just above freezing.

I agree, which is why I was suprised that Scotter suggested we would....I think it stays put....maybe far se falls and far interior rises and we all meet just above freezing.

Well if it goes down, I meant like 30 or 31, not 20F. It would not happen until later tonight, but the atmosphere may be spent too. The thing is..the ground is cold so it would only take a wind shift away from the east to help out.

Scott mentioned I think yesterday that this was sort of like what happened on Feb 24 of last year... a mini version I guess

Just the areas that would get hit hard..like nrn orh hills and sw nh. This time around, the interior cp was much colder, so Ray's area and ne mass got about as much.

Well if it goes down, I meant like 30 or 31, not 20F. It would not happen until later tonight, but the atmosphere may be spent too. The thing is..the ground is cold so it would only take a wind shift away from the east to help out.

That is what I meant.....but I have a hard time believeing the ground is that cold.....it's getting to the point where puddles are forming in the snowpack and water is audibly running off roofs......cars are just soaked.

Flow turns nne as soon as this thing pulls away..so we should drop back into upper 20's to near 30..The forecast for mid 20's might be too low..I'm hopeful that precip in NY state will be snow for all of us tomorrow morning

Just checked, Buffalo reporting 37 w/rain. Both ALB/BOX have snow showers likely here but only light accumulations. Never did get above freezing here as you predicted and we have ended with a nasty period of glazing. Good for snowpack retention, not so good for tree skiing. What do you think about Friday?

Just the areas that would get hit hard..like nrn orh hills and sw nh. This time around, the interior cp was much colder, so Ray's area and ne mass got about as much.

Ah... was the setup similar? Just a tad colder? We got that dryslot that wasn;t a dryslot, otherwise we either would have had another couple inches or major ice issues I would think.

Good calls by BOX and the mets on here

That is what I meant.....but I have a hard time believeing the ground is that cold.....it's getting to the point where puddles are forming in the snowpack and water is audibly running off roofs......cars are just soaked.

The ground would have to be sub zero to ice everything up. I just meant the snowpack and ground are cold. Stick your hand in the snow, and you'll notice that the snow is till relatively "dry" a few inches down.

It's just something to watch..maybe you stay 33 the whole time, but the chance is there for it to drop a couple of ticks.

The ground would have to be sub zero to ice everything up. I just meant the snowpack and ground are cold. Stick your hand in the snow, and you'll notice that the snow is till relatively "dry" a few inches down.

It's just something to watch..maybe you stay 33 the whole time, but the chance is there for it to drop a couple of ticks.

This was very true at Wachusett. Break through the crust and it was powdery underneath. Crunch crunch crunch

I wish the damn rain would quit....just keeps training heavy eches......snow is taking on that "goose bumps" appearence.

Ah... was the setup similar? Just a tad colder? We got that dryslot that wasn;t a dryslot, otherwise we either would have had another couple inches or major ice issues I would think.

Good calls by BOX and the mets on here

No it was different. If it weren't for the dryslot today, you would have cleaned up. It wasn't the best analogy for the setup, just that it reminded me the areas that could get hit hard, especially with the 32F line retreating. Luckily ne mass had a great front end dump.

I wish the damn rain would quit....just keeps training heavy eches......snow is taking on that "goose bumps" appearence.

Same here. Heavy sheet rain. Look on the bright side. This solidifies the snowpack. Maybe an inch tomorrow..perhaps two if you're good. Hopefully another mdt event Friday. I still have snow stuck to telephone poles and on hedges here, surprisingly.

Archived