• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Midweek Storm DISCO part III

DomNH

This could not have worked out better today..added 3 inches to the 24 on the ground..then encased it in a good amount of ice..Freeze it up solid tonight.. another inch maybe 2 tomorrow evening..and then 6-12+ on Friday.. This may be the winter of my life

wow nice you have 24" on the ground? Eyeballing my snowpack at my school apartment it looks like it's condensed to 12 or so inches, impressive to have a foot difference 15 minutes driving distance

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could not have worked out better today..added 3 inches to the 24 on the ground..then encased it in a good amount of ice..Freeze it up solid tonight.. another inch maybe 2 tomorrow evening..and then 6-12+ on Friday.. This may be the winter of my life

It will settle a bit, but snowpack is locked and loaded.

I'm VERY satisfied with this event:

Hit the high end of my standard swfe range....5"

Now I actually still have borderline ICING here....wow; not often I see that.

31.3\30

Net gainer amid R-.

Pretty sure this is the deepest snowpack I have had since Jan 2005 and if this next event hits like it could, then I'm gonna hit 3'.

I think the next one is meh, though.

I even have a net gain down here.

You can bury me alive in the damn things, at this point.....time of my life.

Didn't you have similar snowpack in Dec '08?

I think the snowpack in early Jan '09 was the most I can remember since Jan '05. I must have had over 20" at one point. I think I have 16-19" in protected areas.

Didn't you have similar snowpack in Dec '08?

I think the snowpack in early Jan '09 was the most I can remember since Jan '05. I must have had over 20" at one point. I think I have 16-19" in protected areas.

This narrowly beats Dec 2008 and Dec 2007....I must be a hair under 2'.

Can't see under my neighbors deck because the snow is of equal depth to it.....never quite made that in the latter instances.

You can bury me alive in the damn things, at this point.....time of my life.

I was in Wilmington Friday, you guys are running out of room to put the snow, the roads are narrowing.

We got a good glaze here right now at 30 and its treacherous.

odd that you'd bring a ruler to a basketball gamehotdog.gif:weenie:

He keeps one in a holster :lol:

The only frustrating element to this was the enormous dryslot.

I ended up with 5+" of snow and there's a hefty crust of ice on top of it all--though I'd prefer the powder that had been there.

Wonder what I might return to on Friday night. In spite of extensive BDL cancelations, I suspect my flight will take off. The funny thing is, if they need to do any deicing, I may miss my connection as that's only 45 minutes in Charlotte. Little room for delay.

Still only 28.1 here in Lowell. Temp slowly rising, but still concerned with the icing. I had about .1" at 3:30, I'm sure it's nearing .2 or even more since then. Pete Bouchard says it's not a worry. Wasn't watching closely, so i wonder if he meant areas Boston south or so, but he mentioned the "wet streets" in Worcester. I wonder if he knows what's going on in the Merrimack Valley?

Archived