Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Post Turkey Day Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

18z gfs takes turkey day 996 low to Minnesota then occludes it over superior

also wednesday's weather looks significantly cooler as there is a deeper secondary low pressure that develps over the maritimes drawing cooler air on backside . Heights < 5340 north of pike wednesday afternoon.

Tday .....has slower onset of precip by about 6 hrs

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got back in from church. It was all I could do not to start laughing when I saw the priest and thought of RevKev. 40.3/24. Contemplating grabbing the flashlight and checking the temp down the hill--kinda comfy here by the fire, though.
rev kev says now are times that can test your faith but to simply believe avoid the siren song of the euro past day 4 that lead us not unto the edge nice crisp cold nite....got down to 24 last nite then bounced up after midnite. don't think i can pass that but nice and crisp ...i guess wachusett will turn on snow guns <BR><BR>would it be wrong to have a beer and take the snow tube down wa wa around midnite with a weenie hangin tied to the handle.

I'll go for the daily double.  In all seriousness, White Thanksgivings aren't likely in my neck of the woods.  Stays brown?  Nifty, I can deal.

Nice anemometer setup, btw.  I hope you get a good blow.  :)

I hear you.     Hopefully by Dec 10th we've had at least anadvisory level event.   Otherwise,  there's going to be record rope sales  

If anything it underscores the disconnect between the ENSO and the AO and AAO regions, quite frankly

There are scientific reasons for that but in simple terms, > normal arriving solar UV = warm phase of the AO, < normal solar arriving UV = cool phases.

Right now we be in a very serious < normal UV phase. Hence the era of the - AMO has begun ;)

Great to see ya!!

Bump....raging snowstorm

heavy heavy envy

i'm starting to come to the realization that 50-100 inches a year is not enough for me to live with this snow fetish that i have. i need heavy heavy accums. But i have friends and family round these parts. 10 year plan definitely includes condo/ property in N greens or whites.

Archived