SNE obs and discussion/banter

AmyB

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, here's an underwhelming forecast:

MAZ002-220915-

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASHFIELD...CHARLEMONT...COLRAIN...

SHELBURNE

340 PM EST SUN NOV 21 2010

.THANKSGIVING DAY...PARTLY SUNNY. COLD WITH HIGHS IN THE UPPER

30S.

.THURSDAY NIGHT...A CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW IN THE EVENING...THEN

RAIN AND FREEZING RAIN LIKELY AFTER MIDNIGHT. LITTLE OR NO SNOW

ACCUMULATION. NOT AS COOL WITH LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S. CHANCE OF

PRECIPITATION 60 PERCENT.

.FRIDAY...RAIN AND FREEZING RAIN LIKELY IN THE MORNING...THEN A

CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S. CHANCE

OF PRECIPITATION 60 PERCENT.

.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS IN THE

EVENING. LOWS IN THE MID 20S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.

My bet with Kevin for BDL's Mon-Wed departure this week is going to be a good one.

Kevin forecasted +2.5 (which will bust)

I forecasted +6 which may be ok as long as the cold front Tuesday night arrives after midnight with a warm overnight high Wednesday AM.

Tuesday all out torch with +10 or +12 likely at BDL.

Mine was +3. check your stats..you win with one above normal day lol..I was almost right

Mine was +3. check your stats..you win with one above normal day lol..I was almost right

Tuesday could be like 65 at BDL if we break out in sun early enough. It could truly torch.

Wednesday could also wind up sneaking below normal if the cold front blows by fast enough and temps drop off Wednesday evening for a pre-midnight low.

Tuesday could be like 65 at BDL if we break out in sun early enough. It could truly torch.

Wednesday could also wind up sneaking below normal if the cold front blows by fast enough and temps drop off Wednesday evening for a pre-midnight low.

Yeah I agree. BDL could rip into the low-mid 60's. Hopefully it's a solid OC and no sun to keep a lid on it. Wed looks below if the EUro/GFS are correct.

Feeling good about at least some wintry precip Tday nite into Fri..even if it's only for a few hrs

1k is quite high in general for SNE. Even your Mt. Rainier location is less than 400 feet above him.

Yeah Will, I know, it's in response to him telling me last week that 2k isn't that high, relative to the Rockies. I replied that indeed, relative to other mountain ranges in the world 2k isn't that tall but in SNE it's actually quite high.

Yeah I agree. BDL could rip into the low-mid 60's. Hopefully it's a solid OC and no sun to keep a lid on it. Wed looks below if the EUro/GFS are correct.

Feeling good about at least some wintry precip Tday nite into Fri..even if it's only for a few hrs

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if we trended toward a wintry start to the Friday storm if the BL starts cold and dry.

Wednesday is tricky. I could easily see BDL being 55 at midnight lol... and with strong winds no radiational cooling to plummet temps after dark to keep the "daily" min up.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if we trended toward a wintry start to the Friday storm if the BL starts cold and dry.

Wednesday is tricky. I could easily see BDL being 55 at midnight lol... and with strong winds no radiational cooling to plummet temps after dark to keep the "daily" min up.

Let's try and get the front thru Tuesday evening..We need this month to come in below normal and break the streak..which looks very possible..if not likely

Nah... It's a few hundred yards from the nearest ski trail (Mohawk), and it's plenty tall enough to avoid! The good news is that it will power 100% of the mountain! Green is good!

Eff the birds. That is great for the Beast. Princeton has 2 on the back of Wachusett. Templeton has one at the high school.

Those are tough to put up if there is wind

Archived