• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
SNE obs and discussion/banter

AmyB

Starting to stay in the 30's for highs with more regularity. Mon/tues look warmish but then a nice drop off with some snow here and highs around the freezing mark late in the period. Funny how antsy some are getting about the Winter upcoming. At least Jerry, Ginx and I are unwavering. Big Winter incoming. Big big Winter.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also finally have heat, BTW :weight_lift:

I walked up to the rink a few hours ago b/c a friend of mine said she may have lost her license at the rink last night and she called and a supervisor told her nothing was turned in. I went to see if I could find it, which I couldn't.

I came home expecting to freeze and then after a few minutes of being inside I felt warm. I go to the radiator and it was warm....HEAT FTW!!!!!

Looks like you have quite a few trees, so the accuracy might not be what you expect. Wind is the hardest to measure accurately. Most aren't lucky enough to live on a wide open piece of land with nothing around like an airport or farm.

The hill I live on is very prominent, views several miles east and west.    I can see MHT, runways, towers  from my back porch, 5 miles away.    May not be a perfect setup,  but the treetops are not a big deal IMO.   The little bit of elevation and being at near the top of a prominent hill if anything would offset or even tack on a few mph. 

The hill I live on is very prominent, views several miles east and west. I can see MHT, runways, towers from my back porch, 5 miles away. May not be a perfect setup, but the treetops are not a big deal IMO. The little bit of elevation and being at near the top of a prominent hill if anything would offset or even tack on a few mph.

Cool. You must have some nice views up there. You'll probably get some good gusts being on top of a hill, especially this time of year with all the trees being bare.

1120001617.jpg

finally installed the silly anemometer! my wife and her dad are way more handy than I am. 33' ftw :D

I'm envious. Mine's sitting at 8'. The wind is howling and all I can measure is 25mph lol. Is that a wireless one? I considered a roof option, but then I'd have to have my sensor too close to the house.

I'm envious.  Mine's sitting at 8'.  The wind is howling and all I can measure is 25mph lol.  Is that a wireless one?  I considered a roof option, but then I'd have to have my sensor too close to the house.

both units are wireless, but the wireless anemometer is an upgrade of sorts.   The Vantage Pro 2 is pretty neat, it can recieve like 8 signals.        You're right,   I'd personally rather have good temp/hum data than wind speed.   I guess some wind weenie out there may want the opposite, though.  :)

both units are wireless, but the wireless anemometer is an upgrade of sorts. The Vantage Pro 2 is pretty neat, it can recieve like 8 signals. You're right, I'd personally rather have good temp/hum data than wind speed. I guess some wind weenie out there may want the opposite, though. :)

I have the Pro 2, but my nemometer is cabled.......can that be upgraded to wireless? That'll save me a ton of aggrevation.

Temps still struggling to go below... still 38.7F/24F, lots of nearby stations 40 or above

BOX PnC has me getting to 22F... that will be nice, but I won't be up to watch it...

don't go to be yet gramps :weight_lift:

dave do they start runnin snow guns at a temp a bit higher than 32.....got one window open on the guns at wa wa.

don't go to be yet gramps :weight_lift:

dave do they start runnin snow guns at a temp a bit higher than 32.....got one window open on the guns at wa wa.

Jeez, I'm not Blizz, who goes to bed after his footie pajamas get put on his bed at 8PM... I've got some beers in the fridge that need some attention. But will I see 22F like last night, no. Will I be up in time to see it in the AM. prob not.

I doubt the turn on the guns until 28F or so... no sense wasting it.

Jeez, I'm not Blizz, who goes to bed after his footie pajamas get put on his bed at 8PM... I've got some beers in the fridge that need some attention. But will I see 22F like last night, no. Will I be up in time to see it in the AM. prob not.

I doubt the turn on the guns until 28F or so... no sense wasting it.

well ....perhaps you could get a run in tommorrow......if temps verifty they could have guns going well into the morning hours. and after 8 hours sleep ....you'll be golden.

then when you get in you can see the 12z euro revert back to winter mode after one.....ehhh three blip runs.

well ....perhaps you could get a run in tommorrow......if temps verifty they could have guns going well into the morning hours. and after 8 hours sleep ....you'll be golden.

then when you get in you can see the 12z euro revert back to winter mode after one.....ehhh three blip runs.

It will come... and it will come with a vengence. So sayeth Rev Kev

Archived