Newest Member
    Monty
SNE obs and discussion/banter

AmyB

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already to 32.3F here at home

Will Wachusett start up the snow guns? Stay tuned for more...

Down to 29.8 at the bottom of the hill. 34.9/19 up on top. Fire's still going--wish it would die down already so I can check the weather (it's too far away for my wireless connection). Where's Pete? He's probalby at 25.

your original point about not being a :weenie: is probably true. a weenie definitely knows that they impact New England. :lol: so maybe he's not into weather.

of course it's all just a matter of how you want to look at it. For the average person, ENSO means nothing here. but in CA, they definitely know El Nino.

Well whatever ENSO is doing right now and however it is impacting the weather out west you just have to be in awe at the forecast over the next week in the Lake Tahoe area - Good Lord:

For Truckee through Sunday:

This Afternoon: Snow. High near 43. Breezy, with a southwest wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow and areas of blowing snow. Low around 24. Breezy, with a west wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to between 10 and 15 mph. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow. High near 28. Breezy, with a southwest wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow and areas of blowing snow. Low around 18. Southwest wind between 10 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 17 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow. High near 28. Southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

For a total of: 33" to 53" in two days......brother.....I need to live there......

Maybe on Friday? My BOX p/c mentions it... They also mention Wintry Mix (20%) for Monday

MAZ002-200915-

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASHFIELD...CHARLEMONT...COLRAIN...

SHELBURNE

353 PM EST FRI NOV 19 2010

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW AFTER

MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. CHANCE OF SNOW 40 PERCENT.

.THANKSGIVING DAY...CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW AND RAIN. HIGHS

IN THE LOWER 40S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 40 PERCENT.

.THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW AND RAIN

SHOWERS IN THE EVENING. LOWS IN THE MID 20S. CHANCE OF

PRECIPITATION 30 PERCENT.

Well whatever ENSO is doing right now and however it is impacting the weather out west you just have to be in awe at the forecast over the next week in the Lake Tahoe area - Good Lord:

For Truckee through Sunday:

This Afternoon: Snow. High near 43. Breezy, with a southwest wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow and areas of blowing snow. Low around 24. Breezy, with a west wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to between 10 and 15 mph. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow. High near 28. Breezy, with a southwest wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow and areas of blowing snow. Low around 18. Southwest wind between 10 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 17 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow. High near 28. Southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

For a total of: 33" to 53" in two days......brother.....I need to live there......

Is Lake Tahoe near West Chesterfield

MAZ002-200915-

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASHFIELD...CHARLEMONT...COLRAIN...

SHELBURNE

353 PM EST FRI NOV 19 2010

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW AFTER

MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. CHANCE OF SNOW 40 PERCENT.

.THANKSGIVING DAY...CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW AND RAIN. HIGHS

IN THE LOWER 40S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 40 PERCENT.

.THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW AND RAIN

SHOWERS IN THE EVENING. LOWS IN THE MID 20S. CHANCE OF

PRECIPITATION 30 PERCENT.

Whoops, typed it wrong.

I meant maybe models have it on Friday (not that I can figure it out at all) and P/C still has it on Weds night/Thurs 40%, plus the slug on Monday morning

Archived