Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
SNE obs and discussion/banter

AmyB

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little off topic i know...in my physical geography class and professor and he stated "La Ninia or El Nino have no serious weather implications here in New England"......obviously this guy is not a ::weenie::

that's interesting.

definitely depends on how it's interpreted. For some parts of the country (SoCal e.g.) El Nino means a heck of a lot more than it does here in New England, so I can understand his point.

that's interesting.

definitely depends on how it's interpreted. For some parts of the country (SoCal e.g.) El Nino means a heck of a lot more than it does here in New England, so I can understand his point.

Yeah he stated how it extremely impacts Southern California and Sierra Nevada compared to that, our impact is minimal, still fairly surprised he would kind of blow it off completely.

Yeah he stated how it extremely impacts Southern California and Sierra Nevada compared to that, our impact is minimal, still fairly surprised he would kind of blow it off completely.

your original point about not being a :weenie: is probably true. a weenie definitely knows that they impact New England. :lol: so maybe he's not into weather.

of course it's all just a matter of how you want to look at it. For the average person, ENSO means nothing here. but in CA, they definitely know El Nino.

Well, New England weather is so darned fickle. Tropical action mostly leaves us alone, but on occasion we get nailed, winters are hugely geography based unless there is a generally huge winter or big bust winter, droughts are typically shorter duration than in other area, so I can kinda see his point.

But, sheesh, if La Nina/El Nino had no impact on our weather, half of the long range posting would disappear, and that would stink

Archived