Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
SNE obs and discussion/banter

AmyB

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man you are cold, lol. I'm at 35F with -SN at 800ft. The good thing about living here is thermometers at all elevations around town. Right now here's our thermal profile based on sites in Stowe... pretty uniform 4F drop per 1,000ft:

35F @ 800ft

32F @ 1,600ft

30F @ 2,000ft

22F @ 3,900ft

Its been flurrying for the past half hour or so, now becoming steadier and radar is blossoming as moisture hits the spine. Roads are getting wet...hopefully some of us can see some accum tonight.

3.9K FTW, Hoping for a little overnight dusting though not expecting much.

I gave up editing with this new board, Pete Could it should say

I know what you mean Steve. You made me think of the first time I heard from you. You pointed out a squall/windex event heading my way from WNY. I think it was the best unforecast dose of snow here in a while. I remember going to bed after you pointed it out and then waking up to the clamouring windchimes. When I went downstairs and flipped on the floodlights I was pleasantly surprised by the sn+ that was falling. I think I picked up a quick 6-7" of snow in just a couple hours. Hoping for lots of those this Winter.

That is some sick sh**

Good for him and the board.

Tell ya what, you drop 1500 for a message board and you oughtta get some special privileges if you catch my drift.

BTW Dave - you asked a couple of times about upload quota (1.95MB). Go to your Manage Attachments page and it says you have 40.04MB. Not sure which is correct as I haven't exceeded 1.95MB yet.

Tell ya what, you drop 1500 for a message board and you oughtta get some special privileges if you catch my drift.

BTW Dave - you asked a couple of times about upload quota (1.95MB). Go to your Manage Attachments page and it says you have 40.04MB. Not sure which is correct as I haven't exceeded 1.95MB yet.

Oh, yeah, so it does...

Just 2 of my pics are usually more than 1.95MB so that is good to know.

Down to 30.1F here

Good night y'all!

Beau is one of thee finest people around, if you get a chance check out the weather observatory he built., cool people, does an enormous service ti his town state as an EM.

His weather computer setup is amazing.

Talk about the perfect setup for weenieing out during storms. :snowman::thumbsup:

Chill dude, I donated to the forum as well but not to that extent, He is fortunate to be able to make that contribution and it was not meant to be malicious...

Yeah I wasn't minimizing what others have done. Just saying he's not "throwing it around;, he chose to be very generous.

I feel like we sort of want this weaker and strung out... the mega close low in the plains ain't gonna cut it for us.

I'm not feeling this at all for my area in terms of frozen, but its always nice seeing a bomb of a storm pass through. I wish it were a week from now and we can just look ahead.

Archived