Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
SNE obs and discussion/banter

AmyB

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's weird. Hopefully it's just a fluke. How was it resolved last time?

Yeah it really really sux. I think they got the site name crossed off some lists that it was showing up on as phishingM I logged on Monday when I got in and got in fine all week and then today the same errors again. I just made a oost about what's happening in the pinned phishing thread

Yeah it really really sux. I think they got the site name crossed off some lists that it was showing up on as phishingM I logged on Monday when I got in and got in fine all week and then today the same errors again. I just made a oost about what's happening in the pinned phishing thread

Good hopefully it gets fixed.

34/27, have had a few stray flakes at times. Getting more intrigued by late next week and beyond. I think I share Rev. Blizz's thought that this may end up being a more favorable storm than it currently appears. Regardless I think some snow/ice is likely, at least for a time, here. The CP is in for a cold rain, should be the theme of their Winter.

34/27, have had a few stray flakes at times. Getting more intrigued by late next week and beyond. I think I share Rev. Blizz's thought that this may end up being a more favorable storm than it currently appears. Regardless I think some snow/ice is likely, at least for a time, here. The CP is in for a cold rain, should be the theme of their Winter.

Nice! We also had some off and on flurries and snow showers rolling off Mansfield today. I'm with you that at least some snow/ice is likely for a period with the Thanksgiving Day storm for the Berkshires/Greens/Whites and maybe the ORH Hills... I just have a bad feeling that the bulk of it is rain after 1-3 hour period of SN/IP/ZR. Anyway, take whatever you can and be happy that its not rain from start to finish, haha.

Your location is just about as good as it can get for icing though in a situation like this... 1,400ft to the east of the Berkshire crest = CAD

Hey Will,

I was up in Ware yesterday on a sales call..and there was some pretty good elevation there.

Do you know how high that area is? Some of the terrain had to be like 1200- 1300 feet.

How much snow do they avg? Nice area.

Yeah there's some spots that get high there. Not sure about 1300 feet in Ware, but definitely 1100-1200 feet. Their snow isn't amazing though being on the wrong side of the Worcester county spine. They are probably in the low to mid 60s there. Maybe the highest hill tops at 1200+ feet are closer to 70".

Yeah there's some spots that get high there. Not sure about 1300 feet in Ware, but definitely 1100-1200 feet. Their snow isn't amazing though being on the wrong side of the Worcester county spine. They are probably in the low to mid 60s there. Maybe the highest hill tops at 1200+ feet are closer to 70".

So they actually downslope..or do they just not upslope vey well?

Nice! We also had some off and on flurries and snow showers rolling off Mansfield today. I'm with you that at least some snow/ice is likely for a period with the Thanksgiving Day storm for the Berkshires/Greens/Whites and maybe the ORH Hills... I just have a bad feeling that the bulk of it is rain after 1-3 hour period of SN/IP/ZR. Anyway, take whatever you can and be happy that its not rain from start to finish, haha.

Your location is just about as good as it can get for icing though in a situation like this... 1,400ft to the east of the Berkshire crest = CAD

Yes, my little glen here is especially good at holding the cold.

31/27, flurries

Man you are cold, lol. I'm at 35F with -SN at 800ft. The good thing about living here is thermometers at all elevations around town. Right now here's our thermal profile based on sites in Stowe... pretty uniform 4F drop per 1,000ft:

35F @ 800ft

32F @ 1,600ft

30F @ 2,000ft

22F @ 3,900ft

Its been flurrying for the past half hour or so, now becoming steadier and radar is blossoming as moisture hits the spine. Roads are getting wet...hopefully some of us can see some accum tonight.

Archived