• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
SNE obs and discussion/banter

AmyB

Basically shut ins or socially inept suburban dwellers. Understandable really. Nothing fun to do in the 'civilized' territories.

I always picture socially inept as loners who isolate themselves and their families from society..and live in rural places with no neighbors, stores, or links to society other than 25 minute jaunts to the nearest grocery store..

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very confident in the long range

LOW CONFIDENCE FORECAST FOR DAY 7...BIG SURPRISE...WITH DIFFERING

OUTCOMES ON THE ECMWF AND GFS. WE LEANED TOWARD THE DRIER ECMWF

SOLUTION BUT MAINTAIN A PERIOD OF CLOUDS DURING THE DAY. EVERYONE

IS URGED TO TAKE THIS PART OF THE FORECAST WITH A HUGE GRAIN OF

THANKSGIVING SALT.

we should place bets for (departures for 4 climo sites on turkey day) i would say

BOS, ORH, BDL, PVD

-5, -4, -4, -4 respectively.

Hahaha, man you just love stirring the pot. I've been up skinning and skiing the snowmaking route at Stowe the past 3-4 days... up to 15 days on skis so far this season, with a goal of 130 days as long as I stay healthy. Today we got word from Mountain Ops that we will be unable to open on Saturday as planned... new scheduled opening day is Wednesday the 24th. Bummer... but with the recent mild weather, what can you do? Still, 1,800 vertical feet of skiing is available if you are willing to hike, haha. Its the last 300-400 vertical feet back to the base area that's the problem.

I have know idea what you're talking about. Nice work on the skis, I'll have to meet up with you this season. Walking in the mud in Tele boots FTL.

I always picture socially inept as loners who isolate themselves and their families from society..and live in rural places with no neighbors, stores, or links to society other than 25 minute jaunts to the nearest grocery store..

Funny, some how I picture them as people that are fearful of spending time alone in nature and instead seek safety in conforming with the group think.

Lol...he lost that battle. he's the only met in the MET community not going for cold, snowy for late Nov and into Dec.

He defriended me last month because I told him Hamels sucks in the postseason..then he refriended me

I am more into the Dec 1-5 period than I am the anafrontal breeding ground late next week...but at least there will be some cold to set the stage once that boundary goes by. In looking at the euro ens spaghetti, op euro seems over done and struggling with both amp and dragging of energy in the west. As a result, the euro ens has an 850 T in DTW 12z black friday of -9C, euro op +9C...lol. GFS ens also has -9C.

The only thing I see that says cold is delayed getting to the east coast next week is how much energy is now advertised to drop into the interior PNW and down into the Great Basin. Temps will be much below to super below in all of the west as a result of n. slope of ak hp being driven into the west. Single digits GEG on tap with low 20s to coastal PNW cities. 30's for low all the way to hills of Cali perhaps?

post-84-0-16739200-1290037742.gif

post-84-0-50604400-1290037750.gif

I am more into the Dec 1-5 period than I am the anafrontal breeding ground late next week...but at least there will be some cold to set the stage once that boundary goes by. In looking at the euro ens spaghetti, op euro seems over done and struggling with both amp and dragging of energy in the west. As a result, the euro ens has an 850 T in DTW 12z black friday of -9C, euro op +9C...lol. GFS ens also has -9C.

The only thing I see that says cold is delayed getting to the east coast next week is how much energy is now advertised to drop into the interior PNW and down into the Great Basin. Temps will be much below to super below in all of the west as a result of n. slope of ak hp being driven into the west. Single digits GEG on tap with low 20s to coastal PNW cities. 30's for low all the way to hills of Cali perhaps?

Yeah the op Euro looks like it's in usual bias mode of too much energy hanging back in SW US. That f's up the whole timing. That's really the only problem that model has. That's why I think the ensembles are more in tune with actuality.

You have to figure there will be some kind of weak wave that rides the front late next week..and behind that the real cold pattern will set up. Just gonna need to be north of that boundary for light overrunning snows. With the block in place firmly by then..wagons most likely south for position of front

That's what Will and I were thinking in the pattern change thread, though I gave it from 11/28 on. I feel pretty good with the chance of something coming through and amplifying under the west based -nao. Even the 12z ec ensmebles trended that way with backing the trough into the Midwest and popping a mini +PNA. In fact, it was like everything was shoved west on that run.

I agree with having that red flag of hanging too much energy back across the intermountain west, butI do think it will come east. I could see one of those setups with a big plolar high ridging across the Plains and arcing east towards the Great Lakes and sne at some point.

GFS keeps vacillating between an inland track and a tad offshore of NE track.

Off hour runs take the inland route. 0Z and 12Z runs more of a snow scenario. A stronger system is more likely to cut. SE ridges are hard to vanquish in late November so we'll see.

Yeah the op Euro looks like it's in usual bias mode of too much energy hanging back in SW US. That f's up the whole timing. That's really the only problem that model has. That's why I think the ensembles are more in tune with actuality.

You have to figure there will be some kind of weak wave that rides the front late next week..and behind that the real cold pattern will set up. Just gonna need to be north of that boundary for light overrunning snows. With the block in place firmly by then..wagons most likely south for position of front

Off hour runs take the inland route. 0Z and 12Z runs more of a snow scenario. A stronger system is more likely to cut. SE ridges are hard to vanquish in late November so we'll see.

I going to split the difference and say overunning event, Block over greenland could win out in this case.....

Unfortunately my money is on a cutter, and actually one more behind that, then we could get some truly cold air in here, somewhere around the 1st of Dec. Great example was todays system go back a few days and it was progged to be just offshore then all guidance switched to Buffalo exept the nam, which finally gave in and became the western most track.

Great struggle between blocking and the se ridge.

<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Pete wishes he had a third of your knowledge as do I. <br /><br />Gibbs in our thread?, cold is coming la la la lock it up.

LOL, I wasn't aiming any barbs at Will. I am always impressed by Will's knowledge and insights. I have my own skill set.

Yeah, We are suppose to have gust to 45 here in the early overnight...

Had to get something from my truck a few minutes ago and I stood for a moment listening to the roar of the wind through the forest. Definitely has that Winter sound. It's going to get good around here soon.

I'd need about 4 cans to probably feel pretty drunk.

Well, When you read the articles most of the people that have the issue with it are woman, Outside of a few that i know most are lightweights.........

Don't think i would have much of an issue with it with the amount of Captain's i can consume.....

Archived