Newest Member
    Monty
SNE obs and discussion/banter

AmyB

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New message on eastern:

Thank you for all of the requests to become moderators. I will certainly take each one into consideration. I will answer your emails when I get back to a computer. On the road at the moment.

:lol: I wonder who would request to be a mod. That would be crazy if eastern reopened, but I think most would stay here.

I agree that the server belongs to the collective former members of EUSWX and most are here now. Some accommodation should be reached. Or let him sell it and donate the proceeds to the new forum and just transfer over all of the data so we have a seamless transition and all of our historic threads are preserved.

I hope his health issues aren't serious. Back in like the 1998-2000 time fame he had Hodgkins, but seemed to have beat it. Hope its not a reccurance of that all these years later.

What he should do is give American the server that everyone here donated for and paid for. If he wants to get better..how about starting there? maybe the man above will have some compassion

It's a drink that pretty high in alco content and also has the equivalent of a few cups of coffee of caffeine in it.

meh probably wouldn't do anything to me. Steel Reserve and St. ides are pretty high alcohol content and one of those doesn't do anything to me really, I've also had a 22oz bottle of Heavy Seas, it's a little over 9% alcohol content and that didn't do anything to me.

New message on eastern:

Thank you for all of the requests to become moderators. I will certainly take each one into consideration. I will answer your emails when I get back to a computer. On the road at the moment.

:lol: I wonder who would request to be a mod. That would be crazy if eastern reopened, but I think most would stay here.

As long as this site is up and running, I will continue to support this particular staff and board. I can't believe Marcus thinks folks will go back there if he re-opens it... no way, not after implosion.

I can't imagine Eastern just going back to it's previous status.

I think most of the best members and mets would stay here, and Eastern would just be overrun by weenies

It makes no sense to go there. What's done is done.

I have firmly planted my keester here. For all the Marcus did, he royally effed us all, so he can go **** in the woods.

For Marcus to do what he did - he must have been under major stress from his health or whatever. I always found him to be a good decent person. But anyway - it's probably too late to go back now unless they agree to a rapprochement of sorts and re-merge these boards.

Yup, I think one thing that will come out of all of this will be a deeper appreciation for our on-line community. I was truly bummed when I thought everyone had evaporated into the ether. I'll be donating here because of the trauma/drama caused by the ugly demise of Eastern.

Just a quick question for all you Mets out here.

When I used to fish for a living, the USCG would issue the watches and warnings from the NWS and we knew what flags signified what conditions.

Now, the NWS is issuing this ridiculous "GALE WATCH" for upcoming and looming events.

Isn't this overkill and when was this edict instituted and who came up with this somewhat less than brilliant idea? Does anyone know?

I see this on the weather reports now and I don't even put `em on the air they're so ludicrous.

Your thoughts, please.

Thanks.

How the hell do you guys have so many posts so far? This place has been open for what 4 days?

I'm always amazed at you guys who average 40-50 posts per day, haha.

Basically shut ins or socially inept suburban dwellers. Understandable really. Nothing fun to do in the 'civilized' territories.

Basically shut ins or socially inept suburban dwellers. Understandable really. Nothing fun to do in the 'civilized' territories.

Hahaha, man you just love stirring the pot. I've been up skinning and skiing the snowmaking route at Stowe the past 3-4 days... up to 15 days on skis so far this season, with a goal of 130 days as long as I stay healthy. Today we got word from Mountain Ops that we will be unable to open on Saturday as planned... new scheduled opening day is Wednesday the 24th. Bummer... but with the recent mild weather, what can you do? Still, 1,800 vertical feet of skiing is available if you are willing to hike, haha. Its the last 300-400 vertical feet back to the base area that's the problem.

LOL, well it's the only thing keeping me sane today. For whatever reason, the state/banks..etc decided to make it as difficult as possible to refinance my place.

We did ours recently. Much more challenging to refinance than to buy the damn thing. lol

Last picture post for a while......over the weekend I was asked about the large temp between my station and my readings down the hill. I had indicated I did not have the other sensor at the bottom of the hill as that was in the woods. I realized when I took my pictures this morning that the stream is the bottom fo the hill. You can get a sense of the steepness of the hill's final "plunge" by looking at the banks of the steam. It's not that steep all the way up, but I think it gives a bit of any idea of where my cold air goes during nights of radiational cooling.

Yeah a mild day for most. Higher elevations to the west will cool down this afternoon.

Scott, nice call on the rain timing this morning. We had one heavy burst of rain mid-morning but other than that it was fairly dry. Temp started dropping and the wind really started ripping as the afternoon went on. We've had some gusts 40+ (Peru w/gust to 43 last hour). Currently 44 and sinking.

Archived