Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
SNE obs and discussion/banter

AmyB

Now those are dendrites!!!

I was thinking about not posting that video on Ray's birthday week to spare him the agony of the CT River Valley getting 24"+...

I just uploaded the 1979 BDL tornado. Unfortunately there's no video of the houses that got leveled by F4 damage :(http://ryanhanrahan.wordpress.com/past-stormsarchive/

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking about not posting that video on Ray's birthday week to spare him the agony of the CT River Valley getting 24"+...

I just uploaded the 1979 BDL tornado. Unfortunately there's no video of the houses that got leveled by F4 damage :(http://ryanhanrahan....-stormsarchive/

The Dec 92 snow footage is incredible. Thanks for posting these. The kids sledding in GON at Washington Park brought back lots of memories, noticed there was ice too..

I just uploaded the 1979 BDL tornado. Unfortunately there's no video of the houses that got leveled by F4 damage :(http://ryanhanrahan....-stormsarchive/

LOL whats up with the commercials voice overs , JC Penny pantyhose and panties 99 cents

Wow...pretty old school back in those days :lol: Amazing how times have changed.

That McDonalds that is shown in the first few minutes, is that the same one that is just across the street from Dunkin Donuts now right across from the airport?

Marcus writes

Since the forum was closed on Friday I have personally received hundreds and hundreds of emails from members. Out of those maybe 3 basically telling me to go to hell. :(

The great majority of these emails have been positive and supportive of my situation here on eastern and my health concerns. Many of them asking me to please reopen the forum. There were too particular emails that really had an impact as they hit close to home. After speaking with some people I have decided to reconsider opening the forum, probably just the general weather forecasting discussion section at this time - we can see how that works out over the next few weeks and go from there.

I am very humbled by all of the emails I have received from members and lurkers. Truly an amazing group of people.

Obviously my health issues have not changed since last Friday, so long term it would be best if I look for someone to take over the forum completely - hopefully this time it can be done the right way with a smooth transition to the next generation.

There is a slight bit of a problem right now. There are no forum moderators. If you would like to be considered for a job please email me at [email protected] (this is an email that actually works).

God Bless

Marcus writes

Since the forum was closed on Friday I have personally received hundreds and hundreds of emails from members. Out of those maybe 3 basically telling me to go to hell. :(

The great majority of these emails have been positive and supportive of my situation here on eastern and my health concerns. Many of them asking me to please reopen the forum. There were too particular emails that really had an impact as they hit close to home. After speaking with some people I have decided to reconsider opening the forum, probably just the general weather forecasting discussion section at this time - we can see how that works out over the next few weeks and go from there.

I am very humbled by all of the emails I have received from members and lurkers. Truly an amazing group of people.

Obviously my health issues have not changed since last Friday, so long term it would be best if I look for someone to take over the forum completely - hopefully this time it can be done the right way with a smooth transition to the next generation.

There is a slight bit of a problem right now. There are no forum moderators. If you would like to be considered for a job please email me at [email protected] (this is an email that actually works).

God Bless

:arrowhead:

Marcus writes

God Bless

Oh boy....

randy said something about 5k resolution. that's about all i know and i found that in one of OT disaster threads.

personally, i don't think it's a good investment, but who am i.

You are Phil.

I agree, it would be nice to see. I often wish those nice meso models that are run at NWS Burlington and Buffalo would be hosted at BOX.

Marcus writes

God Bless

Way to attempt to **** everything up and split up the community

Wouldn't that be nice. I hate the fact that you have to pay for the data, but I suppose it goes to the storage costs in archiving all the data.

drives me nuts because it's gov't stuff.

maybe some mods will see this idea and make a move on it. LOL.

i think that would be a HUGE benefit to so many mets and hobbyists across this board.

a meso-model is cool and fun, but for me it's not overly useful because i've got model overkill at this point.

drives me nuts because it's gov't stuff.

maybe some mods will see this idea and make a move on it. LOL.

i think that would be a HUGE benefit to so many mets and hobbyists across this board.

a meso-model is cool and fun, but for me it's not overly useful because i've got model overkill at this point.

I can't tell you how many times I wanted to look at old data, whether it be radar, AFD's whatever. I don't know if it is feasible putting all this data available on a public forum, but that's a good idea. How this will play out in terms of cost is another story.

Archived