Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
SNE obs and discussion/banter

AmyB

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't be getting back from a meeting in New Hampshire until 5 or 6. hopefully I'll be in the troes of some good gusts after I return.

Up to 1.22 on the storm. Wind suddenly howling with the line coming through. Neat stuff.

EDiT: toreential rain--visibiolilty inspite of early light sucks. Gusty gusty winds. No thunder, Wiz.

The line of ridiculous rate was short-lived and has gone through, now just run of the mill.

1.31"

Looks like another hour or so of rain. Suspect I'll wind up somewhere around 1.5". Not bad.

Mike, that was a cool line of heavy rain wasn't it? Ok, tough to get excited about rain, I agree.

LoL at NZucker trying to find any reason at all to cancel Winter over in the Pattern Change Thread. With Will constantly giving the smackdown. Socks is a nice, knowledgeable kid but he' s really painted himself into a corner.

You can't go by op models past D7 when we have a significant pattern change. I'm not saying to ignore them completely, but we always see huge swings in the op models when this happens. That said, the euro ensemble trended warmer towards Thanksgiving, likely owing to a deeper trough out west. It still brings in the cold after Thanksgiving, which is the time to focus on...as we thought.

You can't go by op models past D7 when we have a significant pattern change. I'm not saying to ignore them completely, but we always see huge swings in the op models when this happens. That said, the euro ensemble trended warmer towards Thanksgiving, likely owing to a deeper trough out west. It still brings in the cold after Thanksgiving, which is the time to focus on...as we thought.

I'll put stock in the monster block. Nice call on the rain moving out. Should be just about wrapped up when we fire up the machines. Very, very loud at work, Geo-thermal well drilling ftl. Imagine having a jet engine screaming next to you all day.

Yeah I busted on thinking it would be cooler Mon-Wed next week. Mon looks cool..but looks like a day or 2 of 60's for all. Congrats Wiz and Ryan..Then hell freezes over and the ground is white next weekend. Can't wait

LoL at NZucker trying to find any reason at all to cancel Winter over in the Pattern Change Thread. With Will constantly giving the smackdown. Socks is a nice, knowledgeable kid but he' s really painted himself into a corner.

My guess is he got tagged with that nickname from the GTG.......

Yeah I busted on thinking it would be cooler Mon-Wed next week. Mon looks cool..but looks like a day or 2 of 60's for all. Congrats Wiz and Ryan..Then hell freezes over and the ground is white next weekend. Can't wait

:thumbsup:

Never underestimate the return flow out ahead of an approaching system when you have a trough building into the west and heights building up in the east.

While I do agree we will get rather cold on Thanksgiving I don't think that one gives us snow but soon after we will be dealing with some decent snow threats! It's coming.

Some are going to end up with a nice surprise next weekend.......... :snowman:

Not looking good for Thanksgiving skiing...

So, where’s the snow? Officially, winter’s still more than a month away, but Western Maine snowmakers at Sunday River, Sugarloaf, and Saddleback ski resorts are getting anxious to fire up the snow guns.

Sunday River Ski Resort, which opened Oct. 22 to make it the first ski resort in the nation to open this season, closed Monday but will reopen Friday, Nov. 19, spokeswoman Darcy Morse said Tuesday.

"

But early snowfall?

"We’ve had a whopping zero for Portland, so it’s a total of 1.2 inches below normal," he said. "I wouldn’t get too worried about it. It will be on its way."

Cannon said that until the current weather pattern changes, he didn’t foresee much snowfall.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/northeast/view/20101117sunday_river_to_reopen_friday/srvc=home&position=recent"There are storms out there, but not of the white variety," he said. "We still have a large, upper-level ridge in the East that’s keeping mild conditions anywhere east of the Mississippi and we need that to switch."

Archived