Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
NYC Jan 11-12 Miller B Thread

am19psu

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is absurd, 18 or so hours from an event and nam is showing an MECS while gfs is barely an SECS. I know gfs is supposed to be a long range model, but dont you have to get the short range correct first before you get to the long range? (assuming gfs doesnt score an insane coup)

It won't. GFS is at a HUGE disadvantage both because it is global and runs at an approximate 25 km resolution...but it is not non-hydrostatic and as a global model...it is aggressively filtered. This storm is such a compact low there is a chance the GFS never fully catches on.

I pray to thee, 6z NAM, please guide us as the snowpocalypse descends upon NYC once again.

worship-o.gif

aww, that's a cute GIF: the girl handing the box of tissue to her brother/friend...

I'd rather see the low stay east of Montauk, but if the low is deepening fast enough most of the area should be fine. 12/30/00 crossed LI and I never had a raindrop or sleet pellet.

how much west/south do you think the RS line will go??

I'd rather see the low stay east of Montauk, but if the low is deepening fast enough most of the area should be fine. 12/30/00 crossed LI and I never had a raindrop or sleet pellet.

Ya jm you're far enough west that I wouldn't be worried. I actually want to be home for this one (im in westchester at school) because I think you guys are going to get clobbered. If the 6z NAM is right though, then we're all getting clobbered

I thought I went asleep a few minutes ago, could it be possible I am dreaming?

12hr QPF 30 hrs

06znamjan1130hr.png

I AM COMING TO NYC!!!

Could you imagine how ridiculous it would be if we manage three 20"+ events within a year?!? Besides the fact this is almost a lock for FIVE 10"+ events in the span of two winter seasons. :snowman::snowman::snowman:

3z ETA is also way west like the NAM. The dryslot is almost a concern now for much of LI if it verified that wrapped in.

Even when the TV Mets were painting that high spot of 18 inches over central and eastern LI, I always felt our location was the best spot to be on long island.

Archived