Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
NYC Jan 11-12 Miller B Thread

am19psu

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

03z SREFs are wetter. Not by much, but the 1" line has expanded a bit west of the city. The 0.5 line is also further W so you can imagine they are expanding the precip field a bit.

NYC remains on the fringe of 1" for many models, but overall lies in between 1-1.25", but still on the fringe of the heaviest banding.....Whatever. LOL

yea... this one is gonna be nuts.

NAM looks much better through 18, agreed.

Also:

Check out the radar out of DC--

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=LWX&product=NCR&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

That's the composite reflectivity but base shows that we're not that far away from the event beginning. No models had this amount of precip as of yet, FWIW. As I'm in McLean still, pending my decision to take the 730AM bus to NYC, I'll report in on whether we actually do see snow begin well ahead of schedule. :)

I was just driving through New Hampshire (Manchester to Keene) this afternoon and it's amazing how little snow cover there is compared to SNE.

I'm in Hanover, specifically. I'm cluttering this thread, so I'll shut up... but there was 12 in that storm... when most of the models had less, if I recall correctly.

Archived