Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
NYC Jan 11-12 Miller B Thread

am19psu

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt the winners will be somewhere in LI and SNE given the h5 formation and timing..... but its amazing how this doesn't want to give in for NYC and surrounding area's as a 6-12" storm. Great signals for 'mega' band covering area's just west of nyc and going east. Looks more like 12"+ from Essex, Union, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean counties east.

If I was in E LI I would be running around doing the dougie.. damnnnn! Would be shocked not to see SN++ reported and 20"+.

I'm sorry, I know this board is full of weather weenies and I *do* like the snow, but I hate shoveling it and I hate getting stuck in my house for days. This is nuts. It looks like this storm is going to be worse than the Boxing Day Blizzard for Suffolk County.

Why does Lee Goldberg insist that this will end by morning when all of the models show us getting walloped in 36 hours from now? Weds afternoon looks like the heaviest part!

I'm sorry, I know this board is full of weather weenies and I *do* like the snow, but I hate shoveling it and I hate getting stuck in my house for days. This is nuts. It looks like this storm is going to be worse than the Boxing Day Blizzard for Suffolk County.

I bet you could hire some snow weenies to come shovel for you.

Snowfall wise likely but less winds. Still windy out there though. Could see Blizz warnings for E LI.

I think we should give some insight to the gfs/Ukie. I mean it's fairly obvious that we're not in perfect agreement and things are not set in stone. I wouldn't be shocked if the end result was along the lines of the gfs at least and I wouldn't be surprised if the other models shift slightly east with the low and QPF. Regardless of what happens, parts of central and eastern LI will most likely be in the jackpot zones pending any mixing with local amounts probably up to 18".

I think we should give some insight to the gfs/Ukie. I mean it's fairly obvious that we're not in perfect agreement and things are not set in stone. I wouldn't be shocked if the end result was along the lines of the gfs at least and I wouldn't be surprised if the other models shift slightly east with the low and QPF. Regardless of what happens, parts of central and eastern LI will most likely be in the jackpot zones pending any mixing with local amounts probably up to 18".

I wouldn't bother with the UK. The GFS will correct itself sooner or later.

Wow, nam lead the way. Euro has bowed. Saddle up, boys.

YH, I fully expect to see another award winning movie of your back yard :thumbsup:

Our local TV mets seem to be coming out with a consensus of 8-14 inches for NYC and 14-18 inches for Long Island and LHV/CT.... let's see if that pans out.

Snowfall wise likely but less winds. Still windy out there though. Could see Blizz warnings for E LI.

Sustained winds here of 20-30, could mean some gusts of 40+.... though I dont know if they'll verify the "frequent" gusts of 35 + for three hours straight plus quarter mile and lower visibility.

10-12" is a small range, but it's an accurate range I believe for the City based on most QPF output, but obviously 8-12" is less likely to contain busts. lol Another big storm for the Coast, such strong and fervent development as it nears LI.

Id go with 8-14 inches for NYC just to be safe ;)

Archived