Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
PHL Jan 11-12 Miller B Thread

am19psu

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tombo, so what do you really look to happen with the storm in the plains, doent look that close at all. I thought it would be the coatal by the way some places in sc reporting 11 inches of snow.

well the coastal is what brings the snow. But its how the northern stream storm interacts with it that gets it going. WEith out the northern stream interaction we wouldn't see snow from the coastal it would just shear out and go ots. You want deeper northern stream storm that closes or faster at h5 so that can help intensify the coastal and tuck it nnw.

Some quick thoughts since I am on a post limit for no reason since I called the storm 3 days ago(probably was banned for wishcasting) but anyway....Looks like the Ensembles of the GGEM, GFS look alot closer to the Nam along with the Ruc, JMA and WRF.. FYI- Jeff Beradeli a respected met said he expects most of the Models to come a little more West in line with the Nam and WRF and also trend a little stronger in tonights runs.

BTW- AM19PSU I have been following along all day today and U seem to want to discount anything showing a stronger/more west solution and I think its arrogant and ignorant at the same time.

Where is Jeff located these days?

i would have to agree with you there a little.

On the weather, regardless of what the models say, the best forcing and thermal gradient is on the coast so thats where the best snows are going to be. Even if the storm does come west, those in the interior aren't goin to go from seeing 4" to 12"... Probably only increase an inch or two as you will lose the benefit of higher ratios the further west the storm tracks.

As would I. I've been reading a lot and it definitely seems that way.

On the weather, regardless of what the models say, the best forcing and thermal gradient is on the coast so thats where the best snows are going to be. Even if the storm does come west, those in the interior aren't goin to go from seeing 4" to 12"... Probably only increase an inch or two as you will lose the benefit of higher ratios the further west the storm tracks.

People like me here in the southern Poconos may benefit more than an inch or two. Don't you think?

D

well the coastal is what brings the snow. But its how the northern stream storm interacts with it that gets it going. WEith out the northern stream interaction we wouldn't see snow from the coastal it would just shear out and go ots. You want deeper northern stream storm that closes or faster at h5 so that can help intensify the coastal and tuck it nnw.

Thanks for the reply. Great info

One thing I see with posts such as change in height fields, QPF axes, is that sometimes it is attributable to noise rather than a change in the forecasted pattern.

well through this run of the nam, just compare the 24hr 18z nam to the 30hr 12z nam its a lot stronger with the northern stream, more amplified, but its also a little slower which may scoot it a little east than 12z...will see.

I think I know why you got put on a post limit.

No, I did nothing wrong and because for 3 days have been limited to 5 PPD I am p!ssed when I want to communicate something in regards to the storm and I cant. At this point I dont care if I am stepping on anyones toes cause I have contacted the Mods 3 times to ask why I on limit without reply.

And Tombo, I know he knows more than me that is not in question but is just the way he reply's to posts today has rubbed me the wrong way. Again his opinion and he is entitled to it but there is also data that suggest this storm will be stronger and further west with heavier amounts. Now will Philly see as much as the Jersey coast and NYC,LI probably not but I can see that area getting 6+ possibly.

Archived