Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
PHL Jan 11-12 Miller B Thread

am19psu

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to at least see the 12z model suite hold on to about .5" qpf for the PHL area. Maybe the hi-res models will pull a coup or maybe we'll get a late SW adjustment.

The thing for me that sucks for this storm...other than we're at .5" qpf vs. double that further north.....is the timing. Seems like the snow will be coming in after dark on Tuesday and the real good stuff will be falling in the middle of the night. Nobody outside of this forum maybe is really going to get to enjoy watching it. That's my favorite part is being able to see this stuff fall. Basically I'm going to probably go to bed around 11 with maybe an inch or so on the ground and I'll wake up at 7 am with sunny skies most likely and hopefully at least 6" total. I think the storm is gone by the morning rush mostly....this is progged as a fast mover and they always verify as moving even faster than progged.

Nice to at least see the 12z model suite hold on to about .5" qpf for the PHL area. Maybe the hi-res models will pull a coup or maybe we'll get a late SW adjustment.

The thing for me that sucks for this storm...other than we're at .5" qpf vs. double that further north.....is the timing. Seems like the snow will be coming in after dark on Tuesday and the real good stuff will be falling in the middle of the night. Nobody outside of this forum maybe is really going to get to enjoy watching it. That's my favorite part is being able to see this stuff fall. Basically I'm going to probably go to bed around 11 with maybe an inch or so on the ground and I'll wake up at 7 am with sunny skies most likely and hopefully at least 6" total. I think the storm is gone by the morning rush mostly....this is progged as a fast mover and they always verify as moving even faster than progged.

well gfs timing has the hvst starting 8pm to 3am

True, but you know most of us in this thread will be up each hour or two at night with a perfectly positioned spotlight or street light to look at it. I've been doing this since I was about age 6, I doubt it will ever change. Also, what's nice about an overnight snowfall, just one clean-up in shoveling/snowblowing in the morning when its done

oh geez

You mean I might finally be home for one of these events!! (missed the last 4 being up in poconos)

Man in the last frame Monmouth County is getting rocked!

MoCo Snow Magnets engaged! Coastline defense shields set to 40-50 miles so we don't mix it up!

Time to ping Corey........we need some WRF samples :snowman:

WRF-ARW always seems to bullet MoCo, it failed miserably at this range for Sats snow bust. I do believe it handles Mesoscale uncertanty and MSLP better in larger storms than mesoscale events like we just had.

<br />Yeah, I feel bad for you guys out there in the counties of York, Adams, Cumberland and Franklin. <br /><br /><br /><br />Feel bad for us out here in Lancaster too. We have been getting the shaft as well!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I got more snow on 7-Jan than I did on 26-Dec, and I still haven't reached a total of 6".

the euro has about 3 potential snow threat after this one. In the long range it looks nothing like the gfs. Hr 240 on the gfs has a flow right from the pacific sending pacific air into the us. The euro builds a sick pna ridge that pushes all the way up into alaska displacing that cold air west. At hr 240 looks like another brutally cold airmass is going to enter the northern plains and psh south.

My Wxsim module has continued the trend for a somewhat wetter solution as the day has progressed...now has .52" of qpf in my backyard....start time is pushed back to after evening rush and it will be over before AM rush. Single digit lows possible for weekend

Paul

www.chescowx.com

its, not the storm in the south you want to be interested in at this juncture. You want to keep an eye on the plains system. That is what causes this storm to deepen and come north

Tombo, so what do you really look to happen with the storm in the plains, doent look that close at all. I thought it would be the coatal by the way some places in sc reporting 11 inches of snow.

Archived