Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
PHL Jan 11-12 Miller B Thread

am19psu

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sweet, more the merrier. The euro at 240 looks nasty with that pna ridge, huge arctic airmass coming south into the plains

Yes, the GFS and ECM really want to build in a +PNA with amplitude back towards AK after the initial clipper/cold front this weekend. Looks as if we could be dealing with some very cold temperatures if that airmass makes its way into the CONUS, as the ECM has a core of -36C 850s over the Canadian Prairies.

sweet, more the merrier. The euro at 240 looks nasty with that pna ridge, huge arctic airmass coming south into the plains

im here too, thanks for all of the info you share with our region, we are lucky to have you. im going to throw this out there, see what you guys think. I really think this storm might follow a perfect miller B pattern

1-2" DC

2-4 Baltimore

3-6 Philly

6-12 NYC

12-18 Boston

Thoughts?

hell i'm still up here in nassau county. hope to do well with this storm. Hey Tombo does the long range Euro have any more storms brewing? how cold does it get here in tri state area?

Yes, the GFS and ECM really want to build in a +PNA with amplitude back towards AK after the initial clipper/cold front this weekend. Looks as if we could be dealing with some very cold temperatures if that airmass makes its way into the CONUS, as the ECM has a core of -36C 850s over the Canadian Prairies.

you think the gfs? The op tonight post 240 didnt really have a huge pna like the euro. The euro is pumping 546 hgst into alaska, the gfs doesnt look nearly as bullish. Though, the mjo going into 8phase supports the pos pna

hell i'm still up here in nassau county. hope to do well with this storm. Hey Tombo does the long range Euro have any more storms brewing? how cold does it get here in tri state area?

yea its got the hr 180 event like the gfs, its been changing every run, tonights run was a cutter through pa...long range looks cold..hr 240 has a siberian airmass coming into the plains with a huge pna ridge

im here too, thanks for all of the info you share with our region, we are lucky to have you. im going to throw this out there, see what you guys think. I really think this storm might follow a perfect miller B pattern

1-2" DC

2-4 Baltimore

3-6 Philly

6-12 NYC

12-18 Boston

Thoughts?

Should work out well, possible potential of busting too low in philly

you think the gfs? The op tonight post 240 didnt really have a huge pna like the euro. The euro is pumping 546 hgst into alaska, the gfs doesnt look nearly as bullish. Though, the mjo going into 8phase supports the pos pna

The GFS builds a huge PNA ridge a little earlier around Day 8...that looks like a KU set-up at 500mb:

1-2" DC

2-4 Baltimore

3-6 Philly

6-12 NYC

12-18 Boston

Thoughts?

imho id bump totals from phl north...most guidance has atleast .5 or more for phl... and if you get any kind of ratios thats more than 6. i believe i posted a map in the map thread, but my thought were

dc 1-3

balt around 4

phl 7-10

nyc 10-15

imho id bump totals from phl north...most guidance has atleast .5 or more for phl... and if you get any kind of ratios thats more than 6. i believe i posted a map in the map thread, but my thought were

dc 1-3

balt around 4

phl 7-10

nyc 10-15

i agree with you re: Philly, i just liked the symmetry of the numbers i threw out, and I think the end result will fall roughly in line with it. Kind of like what you would draw up if someone said give me the total snowfall with a typical winter miller B snowstorm, with no more info;

Archived