Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
PHL Jan 11-12 Miller B Thread

am19psu

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the major things we are seeing as we near the event is the mesoscale models leading the way. They are making more sense and picking up on features the GFS simply cannot. It reading what other mets are saying, the mesoscale banding will be very impressive and the ratios may be higher than what most expect.

One of the major things we are seeing as we near the event is the mesoscale models leading the way. They are making more sense and picking up on features the GFS simply cannot. It reading what other mets are saying, the mesoscale banding will be very impressive and the ratios may be higher than what most expect.

I agree- the ratios are already extremely high in the midwest with the current low. If those ratios spread throughout PA before the coastal closes off, eastern PA can see some higher amounts than the models are indicating

I agree- the ratios are already extremely high in the midwest with the current low. If those ratios spread throughout PA before the coastal closes off, eastern PA can see some higher amounts than the models are indicating

First: How do you know this? I hope you aren't going by ASOS...

Second: Since the higher precip totals are via the coastal, I don't see how this is likely to matter... either you get high ratios with low precip amounts like the midwest because the coastal is late, or you'll get higher precip from the coastal with lower ratios. It won't translate east like the way you are implying...

;Second:  Since the higher precip totals are via the coastal, I don't see how this is likely to matter... either you get high ratios with low precip amounts like the midwest because the coastal is late, or you'll get higher precip from the coastal with lower ratios.  It won't translate east like the way you are implying...;
;100% agreed.  These setups are almost always going to benefit the OKX and BOX CWAs more than they do PHI (save the northern coast of NJ). It's not unheard of to have central and western PA fare better than E PA since the primary/clipper hasn't yet crapped out.

Climo is not on the side of folks in E PA here.

Archived