Newest Member
    Monty
PHL Jan 11-12 Miller B Thread

am19psu

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest stormchaser

It's getting close to now cast time, the set up looks good.

Agree, a blend of data seems to be best right now. I think this setup proves to be a bit more dynamic then the 18z GFS would lead you to believe

I agree...as I have said all day I see this trending slightly NW this evening and continuing during the day tomorrow...nice hit for all. Great winter so far...just had my little girl out for some sledding beautiful night!

Current

Clear 25.3

Snow cover 2"

if the same depiction at h5 on the 18z gfs is on 0z, you will see the low further west at 0z.

Im hoping this comes true... Any meteorological reasoning as to why this is happening at this time? Any new data being ingested into the models?

Its because it continues to trend deeper with the northern stream and closing off the h5 faster. The more amplified that trof is its going to back more hgts closer to the coast leading to a closer track. Also, you want the h5 to maintain its speed and transfer faster thus causing the low to intensify quicker, more precip.

I agree...as I have said all day I see this trending slightly NW this evening and continuing during the day tomorrow...nice hit for all. Great winter so far...just had my little girl out for some sledding beautiful night!

Current

Clear 25.3

Snow cover 2"

Looks to be a nice call Paul. Guidance appears to be converging on a decent event here with 6"+ with ratios. Not too often we get 3 accumulating snow events in the span of 1 week.

Archived