Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Coastal Storm Potential - Jan 11-12

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go again. You watch SNH get dry slotted just like the Christmas storm!

If I'm understanding what I've been reading a track near cc canal would have a different outcome this time because of the fact that the bombing is happening earlier like a more typical classic noreater. This would be very very good track for snh

With a track like the NAM shows I'd expect the max QPF to be shifted a bit NW of where it shows... probably over Litchfield Co, Berkshire Foothills, into NE Mass. Probably cut down QPF a bit south of that axis.

Yeah verbatim, it probably would. NAM is a western outlier, but we'll see what 12z does. It's like the surface low got sucked into the H5 low..lol.

The key here someone is going to get crushed. Mega forcing with a 6-10 hour period. Someone gets destroyed.

I like how it's juiced...that seems to be a given..even if NAM is going nuts with qpf. You have Gulf origins, and awesome Atlantic inflow. I still think somewhere near ACK and BM if you had a gun to head, but this is without seeing rest of the 12z suite. That could change a bit.

I like how it's juiced...that seems to be a given..even if NAM is going nuts with qpf. You have Gulf origins, and awesome Atlantic inflow. I still think somewhere near ACK and BM if you had a gun to head, but this is without seeing rest of the 12z suite. That could change a bit.

Yeah I like it too... it's really a great setup for SNE.

We were still snowing at a good clip here, So the qpf up this way is low as the system is not done here.....

Yeah it really has a big circulation. I wouldn't focus on qpf as much, but rather the broad and moist flow coming into the Maine coast at hr 84. QPF can be secondary at this stage of the game.

yeah, from RI to SE MAss not sure what that means for dryslot..

Probably Mass Pike- Route two style dryslot. N of there you're saturated and probably heavy heavy deformation banding, south of there light snow, to spitting flurries/drizzle far SE.

That's just my interpetation of the NAM, not necessarily what I think will happen.

Yeah it really has a big circulation. I wouldn't focus on qpf as much, but rather the broad and moist flow coming into the Maine coast at hr 84. QPF can be secondary at this stage of the game.

Yes, It has great inflow, And like you said earlier i think, It has a ample moisture source .......

Don't be fooled by the track of the surface low. This run stinks for a lot of the region; basically screws us. Everything is lined up perfectly for a huge dump of snow in northern NJ and SE NY, and it looks like that oughtta translate northeast with the surface low. Problem is that the mid level low is still very progressive. Doesn't matter if it looks like the surface low slows down, the mid level low is still booking it east. It actually keeps redeveloping eastward too, as it gets sheared out by the intense gradient flow. One of the times it redevelops on this run is from eastern PA over toward the Gulf of Maine. That's a big jump, and one that significantly limits the duration of CCB enhanced snowfall over the area. QPF is likely OVERDONE in portions of southeast New England with major dryslot issues. And then they basically go from dryslot to backside flurries as the CCB skips right over. Two jackpot areas on this run are northern NJ and SE NY, and then downeast ME, with a large screwzone in between.

Archived