Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Coastal Storm Potential - Jan 11-12

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm feeling Ray-ish tonight for whatever reason. Time for bed.

Sometimes being in the max QPF isn't always the best place to be. Heck, aside from S of BOS, look at the Boxing Day blizz. The models often struggle with the outer mesoscale banding. I'd love to be where you're sitting right now.

too bad it's pretty progressive. Will definitely limit QPF which is one reason I'm not gung ho about a large swath of 12+" like DT is suggesting. I'll put together a map in the morning, but right now I'm thinking 6-10" for central and southern New England with a small stripe of 10"+ near/east of ORH

Someone is going to get well over 1' in a 12 hr period.....it doesn't need to stall to drop that.

Sometimes being in the max QPF isn't always the best place to be. Heck, aside from S of BOS, look at the Boxing Day blizz. The models often struggle with the outer mesoscale banding. I'd love to be where you're sitting right now.

Yeah there's nothing wrong with being like 40 miles NW of the max on a model run right now. The 5h low is very healthy looking as its deepening when it cross S so I suspect the precip shield would look awesome....not too many holes in it.

Yeah its basically the back end of the ULL taking its time to leave. Would be some mood snow the day after.

Sometimes those ULL snows are surprisingly robust. In any case...fabulous run for this area. Overall a good 0Z suite for most. This storm should be adjusted west some from the Euro position considering other guidance and ensembles. We'll see what Euro ens has. But Euro has been consistent for days now.

Archived