Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Coastal Storm Potential - Jan 11-12

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost identical 12/26 "dagger dryslot" at 84 hours on the GFS...hate this run with a passion. Hopefully the ensembles look better.

I disagree....it looks like it redevelops in plenty of time for us.....sw CT and NYC may have issues, but.....

Love the high over Quebec; we didn't have that in the "dagger" event....I think this one trends juicier as we get closer.

Very good run.

I disagree....it looks like it redevelops in plenty of time for us.....sw CT and NYC may have issues, but.....

Love the high over Quebec.....I think this one trends juicier as we get closer.

Very good run.

Euro will stay the course I suspect with that crazy uncle look.....

Don't remember exactly what the 12/26 event looked like upstairs, but it seemed similar on the surface plot.

You can't look at sfc plots...its all about how it gets there. The 12/26 storm was a very mature storm by the time it reached near ACK/CC...this one is still in the process of developing rapidly.

12/26 shots its fireworks a little too far SW...a little more than models really indicated it would. This GFS run actually is too far southeast with the comma head for you.

Check out the BOS sounding at 84h....complete saturated up to like 350mb

110109041358.gif

You can't look at sfc plots...its all about how it gets there. The 12/26 storm was a very mature storm by the time it reached near ACK/CC...this one is still in the process of developing rapidly.

12/26 shots its fireworks a little too far SW...a little more than models really indicated it would. This GFS run actually is too far southeast with the comma head for you.

110109041358.gif

Good lord....my undies just got saturated looking at this!

110109041358.gif

Exactly; the fact that this initally has the appeal of a swfe ultimately works to our advantage on this particular run because when the mid level centers redevelop, they do so in a perfect spot and go to town at the right time.....unlike the dagger event, in which the entire beast congealed and shot it's best load to our sw.

I like this...we run the risk of it not redeveloping quick enough, but I'd rather risk that, than risk having a muture, shredded old hag.

At least swfe's are very prolific for a time.

Just to back up Will.

Here is 850-500 RH/VV. As of now, rapid development and assoc VV help keep the dryslot well to the south.

post-33-0-74944600-1294546875.gif

Yeah, the GFS solution is actually too far SE with all the best forcing for areas like me and even up to Ray...that would be a BOS and SE MA jackpot....though we'd still do fine overall.

But I think its better to see it SE a little bit in this time range. We know how coastal like to rip the best banding NW a little bit compared to what models show in the days leading up.

Yeah, the GFS solution is actually too far SE with all the best forcing for areas like me and even up to Ray...that would be a BOS and SE MA jackpot....though we'd still do fine overall.

But I think its better to see it SE a little bit in this time range. We know how coastal like to rip the best banding NW a little bit compared to what models show in the days leading up.

I was relieved to see the GFS have me on the nw periphery.

I was relieved to see the GFS have me on the nw periphery.

Guess I really fouled up my interpretation then...my mistake.

Exactly; the fact that this initally has the appeal of a swfe ultimately works to our advantage on this particular run because when the mid level centers redevelop, they do so in a perfect spot and go to town at the right time.....unlike the dagger event, in which the entire beast congealed and shot it's best load to our sw.

I like this...we run the risk of it not redeveloping quick enough, but I'd rather risk that, than risk having a muture, shredded old hag.

At least swfe's are very prolific for a time.

Thanks Tip

Guess I really fouled up my interpretation then...my mistake.

Its a pretty fine line...it just depends when this secondary really pops strongly. Heck even the NAM solution is in the process of rapidly transferring that it would probably never dryslot the interior...esp N of the pike.

Archived