Newest Member
    Monty
Coastal Storm Potential - Jan 11-12

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NAM is really amped....this is almost going to be a SWFE on this run. :lol:

Although there has to be some redevelopment and it can only wait so long to occur...there is a pretty decent block hanging on up in northern Quebec and toward Davis Straight that won't let it rip too far W.

It really is west. If this were to run beyond 84, I think many of our readers would want this to remain a swfe lest there could be a whole lotta pinging or dripping for for many. It's 84z nam, though so say no more. and forcus on the the snowier more trustworthy runs.

I don't know, but the Miller B/SWFE combo is freaking orgasmic.

Yeah I think it will be juiced up pretty good. It might end up being a SWFE...sometimes these miller Bs get close to doing that....like 12/9/05 was almost like that but it nuked at the last possible second to transfer all its ML centers to SE of here.

The key though is not to set expectations too high yet. I think most of us will get warning snows, but thats about all I would say right now. Even that can be a dangerous statement.

No, I wouldn't......this was really looking good.

We went from a March 1960 analog, to a Joe Shi*theragman, protptypical la Nina analog. ....potentially

We did?

Because of 1 run of the NAM at 84h?:arrowhead:

Have you checked the rest of the models today? I think like 95% have a track just inside the BM.

Yeah I think it will be juiced up pretty good. It might end up being a SWFE...sometimes these miller Bs get close to doing that....like 12/9/05 was almost like that but it nuked at the last possible second to transfer all its ML centers to SE of here.

The key though is not to set expectations too high yet. I think most of us will get warning snows, but thats about all I would say right now. Even that can be a dangerous statement.

Isn't the EURO still a Miller A??

When was this no longer a Miller A??

I'm confused.

No, I wouldn't......this was really looking good.

We went from a March 1960 analog, to a Joe Shi*theragman, protptypical la Nina analog. ....potentially

I wish I hadn't mentioned it because it always sets peoples expectations way too high. The pattern is still remarkably similar.

As bold as i have seen you this far out, But optimistic and realistic as well with the way things have gone on lately thats all you can be this far out...

Isn't the EURO still a Miller A??

When was this no longer a Miller A??

I'm confused.

It really hasn't been a miller A for a couple days now, its looked more and more like a hybrid or almost totally Miller B if you get a NAM-like solution.

We did?

Because of 1 run of the NAM at 84h?:arrowhead:

Have you checked the rest of the models today? I think like 95% have a track just inside the BM.

I ended the post with "potentially"; read the entire post, please.

Will, I wasn't expecting a HECS out of this and I was pretty clear about that, but that ceiling did exist.

If this trend is for real, that would take that out of the equation.

well, it looks like there will be fun times ahead. I'm really happy I've developed the patience to wait until the a.m. to look at the gfs/ec runs. But, I'm feeling pretty good. A good feeling I just had dinner with my two daughters and their respective boyfriends (met them for the first time). They seem like nice guys, even if I don't want thtem thinking of my daughters that way, and snow's on the way. Good stuff.

Looking foward to seeing my snow tomorrow.

23.6/21 back at the pit.

Archived