Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Coastal Storm Potential - Jan 11-12

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting to that range where you can anticipate how runs will look by who is posting them....I knew the SREFs would blow for me when I saw you posting them....now that. lol

I have a feeling the NAM is going to congratulate you and Pete.

I post everything dude. I just posted the 0-24hr QPF from the SREFs, in which I get 0.00", in the inverted trough thread. :lol:

The NAM is really amped....this is almost going to be a SWFE on this run. :lol:

Although there has to be some redevelopment and it can only wait so long to occur...there is a pretty decent block hanging on up in northern Quebec and toward Davis Straight that won't let it rip too far W.

Pops the low over LI at panel 84.....

The primary hangs on pretty long. The 0C 850 line moves barely inland over the entire S coast. It's the late period NAM though so no one should be freaking out either way on the solution. It is interesting how all of the runs so far have come in more amped. The globals will probably be between ACK and the BM again...we'll see.

The primary hangs on pretty long. The 0C 850 line moves barely inland over the entire S coast. It's the late period NAM though so no one should be freaking out either way on the solution. It is interesting how all of the runs so far have come in more amped. The globals will probably be between ACK and the BM again...we'll see.

Looks like a classic SWFE with the primary on roids.

Pops the low over LI at panel 84.....

That run sucks....congrats, Logan11 and ski MRG.

That was probably a bit of an overtrend, but I expect the rest of the suite to trend in like fashion and then end the night by reading a wrap up post from Will....something to the effect of: "Well, the 00z guidance obviously saw something that wants to tug this in closer to the coast. There is a limit to how far west if can go due to the block, but it can trend far enough west to piss alot of us off.

We'll have to see what guidance does tmw."

The models seem to want to blow the low up just south of ACK, Shoulds be interesting to see how the rest of this suite unfolds...

That was probably a bit of an overtrend, but I expect the rest of the suite to trend in like fashion and then end the night by reading a wrap up post from Will....something to the effect of: "Well, the 00z guidance obviously saw something that wants to tug this in closer to the coast. There is a limit to how far west if can go due to the block, but it can trend far enough west to piss alot of us off.

Its the Nam @84, It would suck after all this if we have precip issues from it tracking to far west we shall see how things go, Not to concerned at this point, Just happy at the prospect for snow at this point

That's a really good impression except Will doesn't typically use words like 'piss'.

Archived