Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January GENERAL BANTER

oconeexman

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, no. I have a pretty decent job and make a good amount of money for my age, but aside from that, I'm pretty much failing at adult life -- like many folks in my generation. And I haven't gone out on a date in almost a year and before that it was mostly girls I met on OkCupid. I get to see all the pretty womens, but as far as I am concerned, they are off-limits and terrifying.

Haha! You're doing alright. As long as you're not underwater on 2 or more mortgages or defaulting on all your bills, you're in good shape. As for the rest of it, you gotta put the off-limits thing out of your mind right now!

I could see that. But i does not brother me much. I still use the local office for afd anyway..

Why does Daculawx always link his site when referencing AFD's or radar? He has a good site, don't get me wrong, but it seems as though he is attempting to generate hits, and borderline spamming it imo.

Why does Daculawx always link his site when referencing AFD's or radar? He has a good site, don't get me wrong, but it seems as though he is attempting to generate hits, and borderline spamming it imo.

I use his site to get my AFD and forecast. I don't think it's spamming at all. When the nowcasting begins (shortly) I'm gonna use it to look upstream at radars.

My nickle's worth.

If you aren't interested in actual meteorological discussion, or merciless trolling because you aren't getting the snow you unreasonably feel you deserve, then your needs are best met by simply keeping up to date with your local NWS forecasts and forecast discussions.

Are you kidding me? I've been reading these boards for a few days now and all I've read from you is nastiness and crap. I was just asking a simple question looking for a simple answer, not some smart ass reply by a wannabe met. I said absolutely nothing about the lack of snow coming our way because I am more than thrilled with the nine inches we got two weeks ago. I'm not greedy and am happy for the people who are going to get snow. I don't whine and b**ch about it like you do. You must be a very unhappy person. I seriously can't believe I'm being attacked on a freaking weather board for asking a question about ice.

Nothing. I'd really like to know why we have a Winter Storm Watch and RAH saying there is more than a 50% chance of a significant winter storm while everyone on the board says it will be too dry here for anything.

You never answered my question. Why?

Now you're down two questions.

Are you kidding me? I've been reading these boards for a few days now and all I've read from you is nastiness and crap. I was just asking a simple question looking for a simple answer, not some smart ass reply by a wannabe met. I said absolutely nothing about the lack of snow coming our way because I am more than thrilled with the nine inches we got two weeks ago. I'm not greedy and am happy for the people who are going to get snow. I don't whine and b**ch about it like you do. You must be a very unhappy person. I seriously can't believe I'm being attacked on a freaking weather board for asking a question about ice.

That's Widremann for you. :D

It's a dumb question that you can answer yourself by going to official sources and reading the model output, or just reading what the mets have already said about the issue.

Don't sweat it. jburns hooked you up with an answer. Everything's ok. Widre is Widre. Just give it back.

Well, either RAH is wrong and this will be a big fail, or the people on the board saying it will be too dry are wrong.

And that's the right answer. And the thing that's really going to blow your mind is that right now, at this particular point in time, it's absolutely impossible to know which group is right and which group is wrong.

And that's the right answer. And the thing that's really going to blow your mind is that right now, at this particular point in time, it's absolutely impossible to know which group is right and which group is wrong.

I want to be wrong but I've seen this same scenario many times. It usually doesn't turn out well.

I use his site to get my AFD and forecast. I don't think it's spamming at all. When the nowcasting begins (shortly) I'm gonna use it to look upstream at radars.

My nickle's worth.

I guess I am old fashion in using the NWS site. He has an excellent site Gaffney, and I agree that it is a great resource for those who use it, however, to link your site dozens of times a day on the board is not normal. Allan Huffman has one of the best model pages on the net, but he does not continually post the link to it. :)

Archived