Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January GENERAL BANTER

oconeexman

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we are in storm mode. that is what they are supposed to do. unfortunately, this time the se thread is getting cluttered more than usual and poor lookout cant handle them all i am sure. they are staff, and this is how the board works.

i am not sure why everyone is so snippy, i mean we have a great storm coming up. the models are being consistent. the cold will be here. the moisture. i really have a hard time imagining this time the models making any huge shifts to take away the storm

they [models] are almost all, iirc, showing some type of large, se winter storm with snow and ice. some posters should be lucky they havent been banned from posting or limited to just a few posts in the last hour or two. most of us dont like to read and sort through the unnecessary bickering. esp at the cusp of the storm most of us have been waiting on for years

Still, coming in and telling respected long-time posters to "read more, post less" is counter-productive. They're trying to direct the movie without knowing the characters.

Yippee! Excited for the Athens, GA area! 3 years in a row with measurable snow (and twice in 2010 with the Xmas snow)!

Been following here since last year, joined this week finally! Had to come over here since the storm thread was getting all weenied out, sheesh. But love the analysis there. Had to jump in a say how excited I am, but how I can't STAND having to wait until tomorrow night! Ugh!

Here's to the most in the SE getting some of what they want!

Still, coming in and telling respected long-time posters to "read more, post less" is counter-productive. They're trying to direct the movie without knowing the characters.

ok, now that actually is a valid point. they would not know our 'regulars'

point taken!

i am trying to post well and behave, but honestly i am so pumped and reading/typing so much i could have a post deleted and probably wouldnt even realize it :bike:

ok, now that actually is a valid point. they would not know our 'regulars'

point taken!

i am trying to post well and behave, but honestly i am so pumped and reading/typing so much i could have a post deleted and probably wouldnt even realize it :bike:

I'm scared to post in that thread!! LOL

WSB's in house showed a strip of 8 inches right through ATL

Eh, rules are rules no matter who you are. I just don't agree with some of the posts Ryz was deleting (Lookout tends to be on top of things and has let far more questionable posts slide). I'm all for making people actually contribute to the thread, but when posts are getting deleted left and right it starts to leave a bad taste in your mouth.

does anyone know how much the euro's qpf for GSO was ?

0.31" Starts around 18z Monday and wraps up 18z Tuesday, heaviest is between 6 and 12z Tuesday... 850's are 1.5C at 12 and 18z Tuesday when 0.15" falls, before and after that 850's are <0C. Surface temps never go above freezing for the event

0.31" Starts around 18z Monday and wraps up 18z Tuesday, heaviest is between 6 and 12z Tuesday... 850's are 1.5C at 12 and 18z Tuesday when 0.15" falls, before and after that 850's are <0C. Surface temps never go above freezing for the event

thanks for all the info.

hopefully that .31 goes up a little bit.

Mind posting for RDU? I even looked on the Yankee threads but no one posted it. Thanks!

:lol: The grocery stores are probably racking up the cash. If I get 4 inches I will be happy :wub:

some friends are heading over for football and snacks. they just called to say any snacks will be what i have in my house LOL. the couldnt even get in teh parking lot of the two grocery stores or walmart store here :snowman:

We will get what we get but I would love to top what fell here Christmas!

MBY is not really close to any large city so it is tough to get a specific anything for this area.

sounds similar! thats ones reason i love the board. the atl stations NEVER talk about us, so we have to get our wx info somewhere. of course even if i lived in atl i would still come on here as the info is almost much better

Man, I left for an hour to do somethings and this storm thread went to the crapper.

hahah. Folks getting all kinds of pissed off. This storm really need to get here for some folks.....

yeah, its too bad. saw your post in the other thread, that maps is looking nice, isnt it :snowman: it would take a pretty significant shift or catastrophe to take at least some kind of snowfall from n ga and the upstate/sw nc

Man, I left for an hour to do somethings and this storm thread went to the crapper.

hahah. Folks getting all kinds of pissed off. This storm really need to get here for some folks.....

Tempers are short there and it amazes me. We cannot change what is going to happen so we deal with what we get.

Tempers are short there and it amazes me. We cannot change what is going to happen so we deal with what we get.

thats certainly true about the wx! we can watch and complain, but cant change it. i am just looking forward to a good winter storm :snowman: whatever form the precip takes on (as long as its frozen, of course :guitar: )

Mind posting for RDU? I even looked on the Yankee threads but no one posted it. Thanks!

RDU

0.32" surface temps never go above freezing, but 850's are at 2.2 and 3.7C, 12 and 18z Tues respectively when 0.19" falls, before and after that 850's <0C

PGV

0.34" verbatim this is an all RN event here per the Euro, surface temps are above 0c for the duration, between 1 and almost 5C, 850's spike to 6C when the heaviest 6hr QPF falls, 18z Tues 0.15"

ILM

0.53" all RN event also on this run, surface temps max out at 12.6C 12z Tues, with 850's well above 0C for the duration

FAY

0.23" looks like mostly, if not all RN with surface temps only dipping to 0.5C during the heaviest QPF, and starting out at 2C, and ending around 1.2C. 850's spike to 5C quickly once the precip starts

RWI

0.35" much closer to 0C at the surface compared to PGV, but not as cold as RDU. 850's spike to 5C during the heaviest QPF, with surface temps between 0.5 and 1.2C

Wow...over on the model thread, they seem to be really touchy. I know they're in storm mode, however, at this point, the models seem to be getting close w/ one another, but still seems to be wide disagreement in analysis w/ regards to upper level temps and and QPF's.

I guess that's the norm since the surface low is just now forming in TX.

The low over the NE (PA) seems to have strengthened, not really lifting all that fast, as more snow showers are being driven from WV into central NC.

I got a weird feeling as to what is to unfold in the SE - GA & AL.

Tell me about it, i'm inclined to only go back to the main thread during a model run to listen to the Mets and then come back here...it's friggin ridiculous!

I'm ready to call for a foot of snow here...dammit hurry up :popcorn:

The low over the NE (PA) seems to have strengthened, not really lifting all that fast, as more snow showers are being driven from WV into central NC.

I got a weird feeling as to what is to unfold in the SE - GA & AL.

Since this is the banter thread and we aren't judgmental with folks, care to elaborate a bit more? How do you think things will pan out? :)

I like the way you think!!

sounds similar! thats ones reason i love the board. the atl stations NEVER talk about us, so we have to get our wx info somewhere. of course even if i lived in atl i would still come on here as the info is almost much better

yeah, its too bad. saw your post in the other thread, that maps is looking nice, isnt it :snowman: it would take a pretty significant shift or catastrophe to take at least some kind of snowfall from n ga and the upstate/sw nc

Archived