• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January GENERAL BANTER

oconeexman

Well, local tv met, Kristie Henderson just put a 'damper' on things for me. Snow, changing to sleet, then to freezing rain and then to a cold rain.

All that after giving us a PBP of how they formulate a forecast (including the new program for how much bread and milk we'll need) I am not kidding.

arrowheadsmiley.png

:lol: :lol: We got a discussion on how many days of school the children need to have per year. They even have it under the Winter Storm Watch they keep flashing on the screen :lol:

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

woo hoo....both nam and gfs at 18z showing 6"+ ne ga into the upstate :snowman: :snowman: i would gladly pay to have this verify lol

as for the chances of sleet/ice. well many storms i recall (even in the 80s) were rarely all snow. several had 6-8 inches with a quarter inch ice. that really helps keep it around on the ground :devilsmiley: give my 5-6" and some ice and you wont hear any complaints from me (unless the next county gets a foot :lmao: )

edit: yeah i know this is probably old news to most. i have finally got home and finished feeding the dogs and am able to look at the latest model runs. . . i like what i am seeing :weight_lift::devilsmiley:

woo hoo....both nam and gfs at 18z showing 6"+ ne ga into the upstate :snowman: :snowman: i would gladly pay to have this verify lol

as for the chances of sleet/ice. well many storms i recall (even in the 80s) were rarely all snow. several had 6-8 inches with a quarter inch ice. that really helps keep it around on the ground :devilsmiley: give my 5-6" and some ice and you wont hear any complaints from me (unless the next county gets a foot :lmao: )

edit: yeah i know this is probably old news to most. i have finally got home and finished feeding the dogs and am able to look at the latest model runs. . . i like what i am seeing :weight_lift::devilsmiley:

You and me both brother!! This one is ours...time to make up for a lot of years of no snow or nothing over 3" here!

Gotta work all weekend b/c we figure we won't be able to monday and tuesday!!!

Will check in periodically

posted my updated thoughts on the Shelby Mauler in the clipper thread guys, don't sleep on this one, despite what RAH and surface temps are saying atm...

whats that?

Well, local tv met, Kristie Henderson just put a 'damper' on things for me. Snow, changing to sleet, then to freezing rain and then to a cold rain.

All that after giving us a PBP of how they formulate a forecast (including the new program for how much bread and milk we'll need) I am not kidding.

arrowheadsmiley.png

rain?:lightning:

You and me both brother!! This one is ours...time to make up for a lot of years of no snow or nothing over 3" here!

Gotta work all weekend b/c we figure we won't be able to monday and tuesday!!!

Will check in periodically

it sure is :thumbsup: i am scared and hesitate to state it (but i did in the map thread). this is looking like the storms i grew up with here. if so, then ne ga in to the upstate up 85 should see 6"+ (i cant believe it :snowman: ) around atl - ath 4"+

i am so tired from this week i cant stand it, but i am also so excited and giddy i doubt i will sleep much this weekend (from adrenaline)

of course no sleep sunday night if we are in heavy snow....i dont care what time it happens, but if i know heavy snow is imby i will be up at 2 or 3 am to see it :popcorn::scooter:

I asked this in the event thread, and it got lost... so I'll repost it here... :)

snapback.pngSuperNET, on 07 January 2011 - 06:12 PM, said:

http://shrmc.ggy.uga...cae&submit=view <----- this is a link to the soundings for CAE

Sort of off-topic, but since it came up in this thread, I thought I'd ask. Can someone please explain why every time I try to click on the above link, it closes out ALL my windows and tabs in Firefox? It totally shuts down everything, and I'm left staring at my desktop display. It's not just tonight, but has happened several times in the past.

Thanks!

Thanks!! I always enjoy your snowy posts while we are getting screwed over here; Ok, maybe I also get a little jealous too...:devilsmiley:

Thanks man!! Hope you all get a blasting too. After this last storm however, I won't believe anything until I see it happen with my own eyes accumulating in my own back yard....:arrowhead:

I have been trying to figure out a way to get my daughter back to school in Northern Greenville 'before' the weather cranks up. NGU has delayed check-in until 1 o'clock on Monday. arrowheadsmiley.png

They must be watching the same doodle-head tv weather forecast that I saw.

is she still going for 48 hi/ 29 low on Saturday for the Upstate?

Something else a little amusing around here... as soon as the Winter Weather Advisory was issued this afternoon, Johnston County, NC (the county East of Raleigh) canceled all sports and school events for tonight. I don't have a dog in the fight, but I'm betting that there's a lot of miffed and irate parents and students staring up at the star-studded skies and wondering "HUH?"

I asked this in the event thread, and it got lost... so I'll repost it here... :)

http://shrmc.ggy.uga...cae&submit=view <----- this is a link to the soundings for CAE

Sort of off-topic, but since it came up in this thread, I thought I'd ask. Can someone please explain why every time I try to click on the above link, it closes out ALL my windows and tabs in Firefox? It totally shuts down everything, and I'm left staring at my desktop display. It's not just tonight, but has happened several times in the past.

Thanks!

Is it a JAVA issue? The link opened in Chrome. It hasn't loaded yet but it is open.

It never did load as a matter of fact. I'd search for a new link and leave this one to the broken link graveyard. :)

Something else a little amusing around here... as soon as the Winter Weather Advisory was issued this afternoon, Johnston County, NC (the county East of Raleigh) canceled all sports and school events for tonight. I don't have a dog in the fight, but I'm betting that there's a lot of miffed and irate parents and students staring up at the star-studded skies and wondering "HUH?"

Your kidding, I can't believe they cancelled events tonight. It's 40F right now at 8:00pm.

Charlotte forecast from WSOCTV:

The next storm system is on track to arrive in the Charlotte area on Monday morning.

Ahrens said there are two important questions still surrounding next week’s storm: the strength of the storm scheduled to move into the Gulf of Mexico on Sunday and the amount of cold air it will bring to Charlotte.

At this point, the storm looks to weaken as it moves from the Gulf of Mexico toward the Carolina coast, Ahrens said. This will limit the amount of cold air available and as usual, the Charlotte area will be right on the fence with that cold air.

Ahrens said snow will start falling in Charlotte on Monday morning, but as the day goes on, it may mix with sleet and possibly rain. That will limit snow accumulations, with a total of 1 to 3 inches in the current forecast.

Thanks!

thats odd - it took a while, but finally i was able to load the page (on a mac using camino). there may be a script or error on the page that is causing firefox to crash. sometimes i have that issue on my mac when viewing pages

maybe its a java error?

Is it a JAVA issue? The link opened in Chrome. It hasn't loaded yet but it is open.

It never did load as a matter of fact. I'd search for a new link and leave this one to the broken link graveyard. :)

lol - that what what i thought!

Glenn motherf'in Burns is calling for 4-8" as of 6 PM! Kirk Mellish is on the conservative side and is calling for 2-4". Right now FFC's call is looking pretty reasonable IMO.

are you serious? he said 4-8 two days out> that seals our fate for nothing lol. i have never heard him do that. i didnt bother to watch the atl news tonight figuring they wouldnt really be talking about it until tomorrow night or sunday!

not that atl ever covers mby anyway :yikes:

Thanks for the reply... could be a JAVA issue, or maybe just a Firefox incompatibility deal. I'm not all that computer savvy :D

I'm getting my snow in this weekend....I'm currently in Morgantown, WV!

http://forecast.weat...d2=-79.9498&e=0

Recorded some vids too...decent rates, great views driving through the foggy mountains today.

Rubbing the Champs Sports Bowl in? thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I have some friends at WVU.

I am concerned about missing the Monday-Tuesday storm to the south now that I'm going to be in Raleigh. It looks like I may be in the mix for a changeover to ZR/RN more than I'd like. We shall see.

This was posted in the main thread....lol :thumbsup::lmao:

Time sensitive, from the New England Jan. 10-12 storm thread.

21 User(s) are reading this topic

19 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

:whistle:

:lol: :lol: I'm pulling for you guys and I hope you all get buried :)

Not mine...Foothills lives about 15 minutes from here. Bahahaha I always know what's gonna happen.Snowman.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

We can say all the usual "the models aren't handling it", "this isn't in X model's wheelhouse", etc., but the trends for central NC are piss-poor right now. I was also hoping this good-for-nothing clipper would help out with temps and surface accumulations, but we can see where that got us.

Archived