Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January GENERAL BANTER

oconeexman

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the main thread. It just keeps getting less and less.

1/7/2011 12Z ECMWF QPF:

--------------------------------------

CAE: 0.38

CHS: 0.58

CLT: 0.31

GSP: 0.25

ATL: 0.40

RDU: 0.24

SAV: 0.49

HSV: 0.52

ILM: 0.61

This is like the December 2000 storm where the precip kept dropping until we finally had partly cloudy skies. Well look at the bright side, it will be cold axesmiley.png. I am ready for a warm up!

This is like the December 2000 storm where the precip kept dropping until we finally had partly cloudy skies. Well look at the bright side, it will be cold axesmiley.png. I am ready for a warm up!

Not at all like that storm. The precip kept dropping THE DAY OF the storm, not 3 or 4 days in advance.

If it weren't for Eyewall and WeatherNC, our Atlantic eastern shore may as well be lapping the shoulders of I-95. Should an asteroid smash the coastal plain out of existence, you won't likely hear about it here.

This society hates truth-tellers. Absolutely hates them. We kill politicians who tell the truth (which is why none of them tell it anymore). As court jester, Brick is our board truth-teller. Fortunately for him, he's no politician, so I reckon he's safe from anything worse than a banning.

You bring up a really good point actually. As much as we give Brick a hard time, he is more willing to reject the yes-man role and you need someone like that. WidreMann, too.

This board has some interesting (and entertaining) dynamics. One thing I've noticed is that you can be told that it's not about you and then that same person who chastised you will resume a discussion and analysis of how much they expect to get in their own backyards.

Not at all like that storm. The precip kept dropping THE DAY OF the storm, not 3 or 4 days in advance.

True, that was much worse, atleast we can free up our weekend of model watching to do other more productive things. Oh yeah, every model has our 850's way to warm, if we do get precip, it's going to be a dusting and .25" of freezing rain (per the 12z GFS) and our QPF keeps dropping from run to run, soon it will be nothing. Goes to show why central NC avg snow is 8".

For the past twenty-four hours, this message board has been overflowing with Schadenfreude and Erfolgtraurigkeit. It might all be premature however.

Well I think the setup is still good overall. It's too early to call specifics, but I think there's one thing we can all be sure of.

Screw job for Chapel Hill.

Sometimes I just wish it would warm up and stay that way. I had my Christmas snow. I'd be happy with above normal temps now instead of just cold with no snow to go with it.

I am with you Brick, to me it's a coin flip whether I would want 3-5" of snow versus mid-60's in January. Hopefully February torches and we get an early spring.

Basically I believe a lot is going to happen in a short amount of time. The models are going to go crazy and then they will all agree on something and we get to watch it all happen.

Good Luck to everyone!

Well said! We have absolutely no control over any of it so just be happy with what you get.

I love it when people on the main thread create unnecessary clutter by posting just to tell someone else not to post something because it is unnecessary clutter.

I love it when people create unnecessary clutter by posting about what they don't like about the way members of this forum help the mods keep posts in check.

Archived