BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Boxing Day Blizzard Part 8

NickD2011

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both NMM and ARW absolutely crush NYC, coastal NJ, LI and SWCT.

They're portraying 1.75"-over 2" of precip. Intense banding.

whats the start time of the banding and heavy snow? 4 PM or so? From what I was reading it basically sounds like a 4 pm to 4 am deal

If these 2 models are right, then all the snow records for NYC and LGA have a shot of being broken.

The funny thing is that not one daily snowfall record may get broken but there is a slight risk the biggest storm ever could be in spots...the reason being the 12/26/47 daily record will be hard to break and many spots may not see enough snow on the 27th to break the daily record...most of which are from 1984 on the 27th.

I am getting excited, not only for the snow but the wind. Very strong wind signal on almost all models now.

Yes, I havent seen a strong dynamical storm like this in awhile. The storms last year had this for awhile, but not as prolonged as this. This is basically a 24 hr version of March 2005!

But instead of 4 inches, we might get 24 lol.

If you haven't checked it out on SACRUS tracking thread, take a look at the disagreement of the low track from the NOAA product on post #16.

I think it is interesting to see such a large number of clusters right off the delmarva much further west than the low track they have favored.

Just food for thought!

If these 2 models are right, then all the snow records for NYC and LGA have a shot of being broken.

They seem a bit extreme, Al. We *should* get over a foot of snow, but I highly doubt that there will be widespread 2 feet plus amounts. The records for NYC, LGA, JFK and EWR are all well over two feet! I hope to live to see a thirty inch snowstorm here one day, but this storm probably isnt it lol.

Archived