• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
Hurricane Milton Banter

24 minutes ago, Shenanagins1091 said:

Wasn't everyone complaining this was a weak nothin burger? Typical internet. Prayers for those in the area being affected

I don’t get it. There is nothing weak about this storm. I am very skeptical of the models that have it landfalling in the 960s given how much they underestimated the strength of the low so far and the initialization errors. 

Just now, George001 said:

I don’t get it. There is nothing weak about this storm. I am very skeptical of the models that have it landfalling in the 960s given how much they underestimated the strength of the low so far and the initialization errors. 

Global Models are initializing too high so I wouldn't rely on them for pressure....

16 minutes ago, lilj4425 said:

I’m really gonna miss Tampa. It was a beautiful city. 

I mean the city will still be there, the skyscrapers can easily withstand cat 4 winds. It’s the surge that will change the a city forever. This is the 3rd of the big three surge catastrophes possible in our country with Katrina/NO and Sandy/NY,NJ the other two. 

3 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I mean the city will still be there, the skyscrapers can easily withstand cat 4 winds. It’s the surge that will change the a city forever. 

As someone who lives on a barrier island, I was always amazed at how many homes in Tampa are not on pilings and how they have got away with that for so many years. I suspect that if the worst case happens and their homes are 49% destroyed or more they will be required to have pilings with a rebuild. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I thought I was being reasonable last night with a peak of 160/919. We’re going to blow well past that. 

Bruh this hurricane is stupid dumb. Ain’t ever seen shit like this

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gallopinggertie said:

Looking at the r/Tampa subreddit, I’m concerned. Seems lots of people aren’t taking this seriously, brushing it off because “oh it’ll just weaken to a cat 3.” 

At some point we have to stop worrying about those who choose to not care and start worrying about those who do care but are limited in their avenue of escape.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

At some point we have to stop worrying about those who choose to not care and start worrying about those who do care but are limited in their avenue of escape.

I suppose that’s true. I posted a comment there urging people there to take this seriously—hopefully someone reads it and decides to evacuate. If not, well, there’s nothing I can do. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AlexD1990 said:

Silly, but I always feel bad for the birds stuck in the eye. poor things..

After Helene apparently sea birds were found in GA that were stuck in the eye. Happens pretty often with these stronger landfalling hurricanes where the birds can’t escape. 

13 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

After Helene apparently sea birds were found in GA that were stuck in the eye. Happens pretty often with these stronger landfalling hurricanes where the birds can’t escape. 

I wonder how they can fly for so long without water/food lack of energy etc. I guess most don't and end up dead but even the fighters die eventually I guess just later on. Also that would be kind of crazy to have some survive and end up way inland and somehow form sea bird homes and growth. Say in Kansas lol.