• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
Hurricane Milton Banter

19 minutes ago, skillsweather said:

If a man holds a metal rod to the sky and gets struck by lightning to that man that is a crazy experience but to everyone else its nothing because while they all can see lightning and know the dangers they also don't hold the metal rod in their hand to the sky during a storm. Same thing with a hurricane and living on a beach having a hurricane hit your house is not abnormal its normal. having a hurricane hit your house with surge in Kansas now that would be abnormal or would you guys call that normal? surely not. Anyways. Hurricanes are normal heck even in February Florida was hit with a tropical storm.. But during hurricane season a hurricane hitting is nothing crazy. Interesting sure but stop pretending its abnormal! its not. Its 100% normal its actually expected and if anything its abnormal to NOT have a hurricane in the Gulf/Atlantic. The bigger topic should be why rebuild next to the beach over and over. If there is reason (which im sure there is) then thats that. You take the risk understanding the risk and accept the risk for that "reasoning". Everyone else should not live in active damage zones. Insurance companys would agree and anyone with half a brain as well.

If you guys disagree with this so much lets take out a bet I bet in the next 10 years Florida is hit with more then 10 Cat 3+ hurricanes. And that the gulf will have more then 30 Hurricanes. I think thats a safe bet so if you think maybe more or less the same in regards to that then why would you with a brain build/live on a beach with 0 reasons other then to just live right? That would be crazy then to blame the weather after the fact??  How about we start to make better choices where to live. Try to see if zoning would let you build a house on the edge of a cliff that is constantly being eroded. There is a reason we have code enforcements so why not for things of this caliber? Where you carry the risk and cant cry to the mass's for help when your choice was to live in a flood zone that floods yearly or at least every so often.

Another feather in your cap.

IMG_1151.thumb.jpeg.648f2edfa2097b8fd60608daf06d07e5.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I mentioned the radar gap for the Charlotte, NC area during the Helene floods, and I believe there's a significant radar gap in the Ft. Myers/Cape Coral area. With the huge population increase in the past decades it could use one.

I don't mean this to sound like evacuating from highly dangerous areas isn't important. It absolutely is. That being said I wonder how many people on the west coast/central Florida evacuated to some of these places on the east coast that are just getting crushed with Tornadoes today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dbullsfan said:

I don't mean this to sound like evacuating from highly dangerous areas isn't important. It absolutely is. That being said I wonder how many people on the west coast/central Florida evacuated to some of these places on the east coast that are just getting crushed with Tornadoes today. 

And it would remain a sensible risk assessment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeonPeon said:

And it would remain a sensible risk assessment.

agree for most people just can't imagine the frustration it must cause. Spend a ton of money to get away from a Hurricane only to get caught in a Tornado.