• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
Hurricane Milton Banter

The earth is 4 billion years old, some dates for the biblical flood something around 2300BC. Property development on the west coast of florida... that strikes me as relatively modern.

To give some actual context, the population of the world during biblical floods was less than 3 times the population of just Florida's population, now. In other words biblical floods aren't biblical, as concerns human impact. Modern floods are far more biblical, excepting the fact that oddly we know about their statistical likelihood and build the way we do anyway.

The only relevance to the bible here might be the bit about the foolish man who builds his house upon the sand.

• 100% 1

3 minutes ago, dbullsfan said:

about 20 miles north of Tampa. 

I mean that’s better than 20 miles south of tampa but ya gonna be close bruh.  If I was where you are looking at this moving anywhere near me I’d be nervous 

425C6590-11BE-4E0B-AB2C-715445F37063.jpeg

I would definitely not let my guard down north of Tampa. I think the center coming in like 30 miles north of Tampa is unlikely, but Tampa is still squarely at risk of a direct landfall. The zone is narrowing, and that makes every single wobble increasingly important. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Retrobuc said:

Hard to believe landfall is predicted after 10pm, seems like it will be much earlier

and Further south, but people way smarter than me are saying otherwise so I'm going with them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skillsweather said:

This will have 1/3rd the surge power as katrina and remember we only remember katrina for what was the levee failure and humanitarian crisis. Same with Helene the storm itself wasn't super bad it was the humanitarian crisis further inland that is the bigger topic. All hurricanes will bring strong winds and surge so there will be that but this isn't a biblical storm that people love to make every storm into this is just a typical hurricane that just happen to be so small and over uncharted waters that gained strength far faster then thought and reached cat 5 and sub 900mb. Also we are able to do way more in depth analyst over mb pressure with the technology we have now vs 50+ years ago.. And this was only going to be a big deal because it was going to hit an area that never gotten a direct hit in 100 years (small period of history btw..) yet its not going to even make a direct landfall there now so its just a normal hurricane with normal evacuate if your near the beach or live in its path. Enough with making this biblical bs.. unless you dont believe in science because earth isn't 100 years old and thats as far as we go back with weather and even then was hit or miss in info.. Earth is over 4 billion years old.. If this hurricane was like 200-300 times bigger and 20-30 times stronger then its biblical.

Congratulations. You have won the coveted golden turd award for posting total bullshit.

IMG_1142.thumb.jpeg.825c6d517a39a65f8b80b1eaf959887f.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • 100% 1

3 hours ago, jburns said:

Congratulations. You have won the coveted golden turd award for posting total bullshit.

Please snap a photo of your trophy on the mantel too so we can all enjoy the moment with you. Can't wait for the acceptance speech. :)

• Haha 1
  • 100% 1

3 minutes ago, dbullsfan said:

@WxWatcher007what do you make of the ENE turn over the last 30 minutes or so, a wobble or is the storm making the expected turn quicker than expected? 

I think it’s a wobble right now. I’m still waiting to see what happens as the ERC ends. I think the landfall goalposts are now between Sarasota and Clearwater. 

r7UUpd0.png

Crude circles but the point is all the same—if we’re just contracting so the inner eyewall is dominant, a further ENE motion seems likely to me. If the inner eyewall collapses into the larger outer eyewall/curved band, that broadens impacts and makes it more likely Tampa north gets into the eyewall. It’s still an extremely close call. 

It’s also still moving quickly. It’s unclear when the slowdown and turn will occur. 

• Like 2

If a man holds a metal rod to the sky and gets struck by lightning to that man that is a crazy experience but to everyone else its nothing because while they all can see lightning and know the dangers they also don't hold the metal rod in their hand to the sky during a storm. Same thing with a hurricane and living on a beach having a hurricane hit your house is not abnormal its normal. having a hurricane hit your house with surge in Kansas now that would be abnormal or would you guys call that normal? surely not. Anyways. Hurricanes are normal heck even in February Florida was hit with a tropical storm.. But during hurricane season a hurricane hitting is nothing crazy. Interesting sure but stop pretending its abnormal! its not. Its 100% normal its actually expected and if anything its abnormal to NOT have a hurricane in the Gulf/Atlantic. The bigger topic should be why rebuild next to the beach over and over. If there is reason (which im sure there is) then thats that. You take the risk understanding the risk and accept the risk for that "reasoning". Everyone else should not live in active damage zones. Insurance companys would agree and anyone with half a brain as well.

If you guys disagree with this so much lets take out a bet I bet in the next 10 years Florida is hit with more then 10 Cat 3+ hurricanes. And that the gulf will have more then 30 Hurricanes. I think thats a safe bet so if you think maybe more or less the same in regards to that then why would you with a brain build/live on a beach with 0 reasons other then to just live right? That would be crazy then to blame the weather after the fact??  How about we start to make better choices where to live. Try to see if zoning would let you build a house on the edge of a cliff that is constantly being eroded. There is a reason we have code enforcements so why not for things of this caliber? Where you carry the risk and cant cry to the mass's for help when your choice was to live in a flood zone that floods yearly or at least every so often.

• Crap 1

1 minute ago, skillsweather said:

If a man holds a metal rod to the sky and gets struck by lightning to that man that is a crazy experience but to everyone else its nothing because while they all can see lightning and know the dangers they also don't hold the metal rod in their hand to the sky during a storm. Same thing with a hurricane and living on a beach having a hurricane hit your house is not abnormal its normal. having a hurricane hit your house with surge in Kansas now that would be abnormal or would you guys call that normal? surely not. Anyways. Hurricanes are normal heck even in February Florida was hit with a tropical storm.. But during hurricane season a hurricane hitting is nothing crazy. Interesting sure but stop pretending its abnormal! its not. Its 100% normal its actually expected and if anything its abnormal to NOT have a hurricane in the Gulf/Atlantic. The bigger topic should be why rebuild next to the beach over and over. If there is reason (which im sure there is) then thats that. You take the risk understanding the risk and accept the risk for that "reasoning". Everyone else should not live in active damage zones. Insurance companys would agree and anyone with half a brain as well.

If you guys disagree with this so much lets take out a bet I bet in the next 10 years Florida is hit with more then 10 Cat 3+ hurricanes. And that the gulf will have more then 30 Hurricanes. I think thats a safe bet so if you think maybe more or less the same in regards to that then why would you with a brain build/live on a beach with 0 reasons other then to just live right? That would be crazy then to blame the weather after the fact??  How about we start to make better choices where to live. Try to see if zoning would let you build a house on the edge of a cliff that is constantly being eroded. There is a reason we have code enforcements so why not for things of this caliber? Where you carry the risk and cant cry to the mass's for help when your choice was to live in a flood zone that floods yearly or at least every so often.

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, skillsweather said:

Fun fact metal doesn't increase your risk of getting struck by lightning. 

2 hours ago, skillsweather said:

This will have 1/3rd the surge power as katrina and remember we only remember katrina for what was the levee failure and humanitarian crisis. Same with Helene the storm itself wasn't super bad it was the humanitarian crisis further inland that is the bigger topic. All hurricanes will bring strong winds and surge so there will be that but this isn't a biblical storm that people love to make every storm into this is just a typical hurricane that just happen to be so small and over uncharted waters that gained strength far faster then thought and reached cat 5 and sub 900mb. Also we are able to do way more in depth analyst over mb pressure with the technology we have now vs 50+ years ago.. And this was only going to be a big deal because it was going to hit an area that never gotten a direct hit in 100 years (small period of history btw..) yet its not going to even make a direct landfall there now so its just a normal hurricane with normal evacuate if your near the beach or live in its path. Enough with making this biblical bs.. unless you dont believe in science because earth isn't 100 years old and thats as far as we go back with weather and even then was hit or miss in info.. Earth is over 4 billion years old.. If this hurricane was like 200-300 times bigger and 20-30 times stronger then its biblical.

Katrina killed over 200 people in Mississippi.  Mostly from storm surge.

• Thanks 2