Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Fall/Winter '24 Banter and Complaints Go Here

IWXwx

1 hour ago, Chambana said:

Extended still looks zzzz. Take away those Helene remnants and I feel it hasn’t rained since August. Wonder what kind of ramifications this will have for winter?

https://x.com/BenNollWeather/status/1845213325338214901 Well if this is any accurate, pretty bad. If that holds true, things could get rough for drought across the region come spring.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Geoboy645 said:

https://x.com/BenNollWeather/status/1845213325338214901 Well if this is any accurate, pretty bad. If that holds true, things could get rough for drought across the region come spring.

wow that's brutal.    I like the comment where he says, "I think that might be too pessimistic".   ya think?   I don't know how it could be worse lol.

22 hours ago, Geoboy645 said:

Lmao what an absolute joke of a map. Id love to know how its generated (tho ben noll does tend to be the opposite of a JB-type).

Euro DJF forecast for my area is +1.0C to +1.5C with avg precip. The +0.5C to +1.0C line is just to my north, and the wetter than normal winter is just to my south in OH. So yeah, Ill take the over on that map.

Always thought it would be interesting to see how much a model spits out over a season vs what actually transpires. Would need to have some form of anchor points though as guidance will change multiple times per day. Maybe go super crazy and do daily max of all preceding guidance and end up with like 1,000". 

With that in mind, I will now bag the 4" of monopoly snow the GFS has provided. Wouldn't be appropriately honoring Halloween without some whisper of flakes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Glad somebody said it. And Chicago, you guys have cold winters compared to Ohio and Pennsylvania. But people don't think Ohio and Pennsylvania are mild. Dude, our winters are basically 1950 Kentucky/Tennessee winters. It's laughably stupid. Like Florida doesn't have mild winters, it has NO winter. It's not a 4-season location.

32 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Glad somebody said it. And Chicago, you guys have cold winters compared to Ohio and Pennsylvania. But people don't think Ohio and Pennsylvania are mild. Dude, our winters are basically 1950 Kentucky/Tennessee winters. It's laughably stupid. Like Florida doesn't have mild winters, it has NO winter. It's not a 4-season location.

Pittsburgh’s 1991-2020 avg winter temp is 31.5F. 1950s avg winter temp in Louisville, KY was 37.4F & Nashvilles was 41.5F.

In 150 years of record, Pittsburgh has had a grand total of ONE winter warmer than Nashville, TN’s AVERAGE 1950s winter (oh, and that was 1889-90). In 150 years of record, Pittsburgh has had a grand total of 5 winters warmer than Louisville KY’s AVERAGE 1950s winter (1889-90, 1931-32, 1879-80, 2023-24, 1881-82). Pittsburghs winters as recently as a few years ago would be the coldest on record for Nashville.

I cant believe someone who is obsessed with squeezing any stat imaginable out of xmacis would make such a ridiculous statement.

Paging Illinois guy who doesnt like cold! A lumberjack has just tweeted that chicago has mild winters. This lumberjack insists on being objective, so his proof is a detailed analysis compiling tons of data spanning all the way from December 2023 to January 2024! If using the temperature stats of ONE incredibly mild winter doesnt tell you theres no cold in Chicago, then Idk what else to tell ya! Dress warm!

11 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Pittsburgh’s 1991-2020 avg winter temp is 31.5F. 1950s avg winter temp in Louisville, KY was 37.4F & Nashvilles was 41.5F.

In 150 years of record, Pittsburgh has had a grand total of ONE winter warmer than Nashville, TN’s AVERAGE 1950s winter (oh, and that was 1889-90). In 150 years of record, Pittsburgh has had a grand total of 5 winters warmer than Louisville KY’s AVERAGE 1950s winter (1889-90, 1931-32, 1879-80, 2023-24, 1881-82). Pittsburghs winters as recently as a few years ago would be the coldest on record for Nashville.

I cant believe someone who is obsessed with squeezing any stat imaginable out of xmacis would make such a ridiculous statement.

Nah, overall climate is just a little cooler than Tennessee used to be, and the last couple of years have been fully Tennessean. You cherrypicked two locations that are more than 600' lower in elevation than Pittsburgh airport.

image.png.afe471a3b1e46c0cff7622ab401f9290.png

image.thumb.png.b39427fcb42635ad9fbeb58b8123a434.png

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Nah, overall climate is just a little cooler than Tennessee used to be, and the last couple of years have been fully Tennessean. You cherrypicked two locations that are more than 600' lower in elevation than Pittsburgh airport.

image.png.afe471a3b1e46c0cff7622ab401f9290.png

image.thumb.png.b39427fcb42635ad9fbeb58b8123a434.png

LMAO. You of ALL people accusing someone of cherry picking :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. After you just replied to yourself 3 times about a tweet where a lumberjack analyzed chicagos avg winter by posting soley 2023-24 data. Idk even know where you live, which is why I picked PIT and two well known cities in KY/TN to show how full of it you are.

Although really my first mistake was replying to you. I need to do like the rest of the board and just let you continue to talk/reply to yourself.