• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Major Hurricane Milton

I don’t believe I have ever anticipated a recon mission’s results with both more excitement and fear.  And we are talking many hundreds of past Atlantic canes here.  This is peak americanwx.com for me right here 

• Like 14
  • Weenie 5
  • 100% 3

We don't normally do this but we're at a point that even with a not particularly large Florida contingent here... There probably needs to be a dedicated thread for local impacts, warnings etc. independent of this and the banter thread. There will be some good info that will quickly be lost like was shared on the last page or two.

• Like 10
  • 100% 12

2 minutes ago, Scott747 said:

We don't normally do this but we're at a point that even with a not particularly large Florida contingent here... There probably needs to be a dedicated thread for local impacts, warnings etc. independent of this and the banter thread. There will be some good info that will quickly be lost like was shared on the last page or two.

There's a reason Tampa was one of the first places outside of the Mid-Atlantic to get a Wawa. There are many people on here with close ties to the region, and I agree with the suggestion.

Not trying to hype here - this has the *potential* to change Tampa Bay. The population, development, vulnerability, and already hard impacted state from Helene makes this such a bad situation. We are talking a mega strong Category 5 hurricane's surge being potentially shoved into the Bay. Even if it weakens to a Category 3 at landfall, the surge will be unreal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Weenie 1
  • 100% 1

2 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

There's going to be a ton of energy once this unravels near landfall, better hope it keeps trending south. 

It's a lose-lose regardless. That just brings more water into Fort Myers Beach, Port Charlotte, Cape Coral, Naples, etc. Just as densely populated. 

• Like 3
  • 100% 3

1 minute ago, LSC97wxnut said:

We've seen it in other storms, could the interaction with the Yucatan be tightening up the circulation?

It’s definitely a factor. It’s a question of how low can you go… As in how small of an eyewall can you get before it collapses and leads to a EwRC. We may see the high end of what pure physics can produce. Next recon is telling and potentially record setting. 

4 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

The eye has gotten unbelievably small. If this is the start of an EWRC, I just hope recon gets there first so we can give this thing the records it deserves.

It looks to me like it's just losing the perfect donut look, perhaps due to ewrc.

• Like 1
  • Crap 1

6 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

The eye has gotten unbelievably small. If this is the start of an EWRC, I just hope recon gets there first so we can give this thing the records it deserves.

They should be basically through a pass, last update on TT is from almost half an hour ago and they were just outside the CDO