• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Major Hurricane Milton

7 minutes ago, TPAwx said:

NHC track shifted north, right over TB.  Not the update I wanted for MBY, but is what it is.

IMG_8388.png

Might be one of the most ominous forecast graphics I've ever seen from the NHC; perhaps short of last years' for Otis that effectively were "OH BTW A CAT 5 IS GONNA MAKE LANDFALL IN ACAPULCO IN LIKE 6 HOURS OOPS SRY."

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1
  • 100% 1

2 minutes ago, jrips27 said:

I know we don’t focus on exact track this far out, but this has to be one of the most devastating hypothetical tracks ever put out by NHC
44c695eaac9351db94d0549d80edcab2.jpg

And it's not just the landfall location, but the NE heading to that landfall. The worst possible outcome

• Like 1
  • 100% 2

3 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

966 would be pretty optimal compared to what we see now 

Globals (apart from the GFS for some reason) have difficulty resolving TC core intensity and their pressures should never be taken verbatim. Worst offenders IMO are UKMET, ICON and Euro, in that order.

• Like 4

I think there’s still enormous value in looking at ensembles, and I think that’s why we’re seeing slight north ticks from the NHC.

dvCtXZG.png

SlhpfLB.png

2S5uwRt.png

It’s also important to highlight that the ensembles continue to show northward sensitivity to a stronger storm. Given where we are right now with the structure and intensity of Milton, I’d lean north of Tampa at this time. Obviously still time for things to change. 

• Like 5
  • 100% 1

9 minutes ago, jrips27 said:

I know we don’t focus on exact track this far out, but this has to be one of the most devastating hypothetical tracks ever put out by NHC
44c695eaac9351db94d0549d80edcab2.jpg

That track goes right over MacDill AFB. A lot of middle east support assets with SOCOM.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Radtechwxman said:

That motion on radar really looks like part of eyewall could come on shore in Yucatan. Curious to see what effect this has on Milton. 

I don't think we see that significant of a track error, it'll probably make deviations E once it feels the impact of the land mass and miss.  I could see it coming within 20-30 miles but not moving onshore

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WishingForWarmWeather said:

This radar shows the likely future new eye wall forming as well. 

Yeah, it does look like an ERC could start but probably not before a little more intensification. 

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Still need to watch srn eyewall near Yucatan. It's going to be close. 

Was it Irma that eventually brushed the coast of Cuba when it wasn't forecasted to do so? Maybe this one ends up doing the same thing? 

20 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I think there’s still enormous value in looking at ensembles, and I think that’s why we’re seeing slight north ticks from the NHC.

dvCtXZG.png

SlhpfLB.png

2S5uwRt.png

It’s also important to highlight that the ensembles continue to show northward sensitivity to a stronger storm. Given where we are right now with the structure and intensity of Milton, I’d lean north of Tampa at this time. Obviously still time for things to change. 

Telling you bro, Clearwater. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

Was it Irma that eventually brushed the coast of Cuba when it wasn't forecasted to do so? Maybe this one ends up doing the same thing? 

That was the one-but it was moving E to W and perhaps pulled into Cuba....this one might be repelled a bit given the W to E motion?

3 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

probably not much given the terrain there.

I would think it would have some effect landfall or not.  There will be a period of time where southerly inflow will be coming off land and Milton is not moving fast so I believe there will be some degradation to the structure as Milton passes close to but off the Yucatan coast for a period of many hours.  We'll see.  No denying the events of this morning though with spectacular intensification and textbook satellite appearance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Recon seems to have done a loop just outside of the southern eyewall. 

The stuff these hurricane hunters do inside storms makes me feel like an absolute fool for any type of flight anxiety I have. 

• Like 4
  • 100% 2