• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
October 2024 obs

GaWx

Just barely saw the pinkish hue in the sky last night. Couldn't get my old Nikon to power up, otherwise would have taken a few shots.

43.5 this morning at 7:40. Trying to keep the HVAC off as long as possible! I think I can do it with the right windows open/closed schedule.

2 hours ago, yotaman said:

Low of 52, high of 72. Supposed to get into the 40's by morning. If it happens, it will be our first of the season. No rain for 14 days now and no rain it the 10 day forecast. So dry and ragweed is raging.

Just a heads up.

Keep in mind if you say, “NC needs rain”, a group of NC mountain men will drive to New Bern and beat the crap out of you.

• Like 2

Struggling to find the right place to get enough eyes but not get the post removed. 

Raleigh native and been here for 42+ years except for a short stint I spent getting my art/marketing degree at Western Carolina University.

Point of the post, I teamed up with a friend here in Raleigh who’s a screen printer and have a shirt running for the next two weeks to raise proceeds ($14 per shirt) for WNC. Check it out, share with friends!

https://humblymade.com/collections/campaigns-by-humbly-made

18 hours ago, yotaman said:

Point taken. Eastern NC needs rain. Better?

There will come a point after the leaves fall that the Mountains may need the occasional shower. All of those trees that were blown over are a wildfire disaster waiting to happen once things dry out. The Spring fire season could be rough up there if another extended dry spell is in progress around that time.

• 100% 1

Things suddenly got chilly here... saw 48 on the thermometer this morning.  Later this week looks even colder   Sure feels like fall now, but I wish it had been a more gradual transition.

Unlike most of the board though, I'm not a winter fan.  I just see this as a harbinger of being cold and miserable at my morning workouts...

This is one of my favorite times of year, when the first pushes of cool/dry Canadian air plunge down following soon after most of 5 months with 65+ dewpoints mostly 70+). Makes walking enjoyable again and will likely give me lots of opportunities through mid April even if a mild winter. 

• Like 1