Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
October Banter 2024

JenkinsJinkies

19 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

I had them at 4 wins this year.  I didn't realize that every single FA acquisition would hit and that the coaching staff would step up to the next level.

Brutal injury for Detroit losing Aiden Hutchinson.  Hate to see that.

Man has time passed Zimmer by. I bet he's fired soon then he can blame Minnesota some more

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Happy for Andrews, who has taken on more of a blocking role and done it well. Ultimate team player. Offense is humming now. Still waiting for the secondary to get it in gear. Clear weakness right now. That unit is largely preventing this team from being dominant.

Was listening on the radio this afternoon.  They mentioned that Dean Pees was brought back in as a consultant to help the rookie DC out.  Not a bad move. 

16 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

Was listening on the radio this afternoon.  They mentioned that Dean Pees was brought back in as a consultant to help the rookie DC out.  Not a bad move. 

Might be a good thing. He was the Titans DC when they derailed the Ravens dominant offense in the playoffs in 2019. That said, I wasn't a big fan of his work overall as the DC when he was here. Remember the 'Swiss Pees' prevent defense? Seems quite similar to the issues they are having now.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Good game Commies. Daniels is legit.

Not sad about it, but we could have won. Two shitty PI calls against Washington ended with points to Baltimore. Missed kick, couple other bad drives. Not having Robinson play yesterday wasn't great for us, either. Baltimore has a pretty tough offense between Jackson, Henry and Flowers. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CAPE said:

If only the Ravens could get past Mahomes in the playoffs.

You never know...It's like Manning vs. Brady in his earlier years. Brady gave Peyton (whose playoffs struggles are well documented) fits...but then the 2006 playoffs came and he finally beat Brady, and then finally got that ring! Sometimes it just needs to be the right year...ya never know!

• Like 1

Commanders are in a good spot, but the Daniels is a different style of runner/scrambler than Lamar.  The former being a north/south runner, the latter being a shifty, QB/RB combo who can break tackles.  I'd like to see the WC's add another receiver into the mix and certainly another playmaker in the secondary.  Overall, that was a good measuring stick loss to a SB contender.

45 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

How did it look naked eye? Was that with a few seconds exposure? I think it was behind trees for me last night. Going to try again this evening! 

Once I found it, I could see it naked eye as a long faint smudge. iPhone exposure was 2-3 seconds. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Once I found it, I could see it naked eye as a long faint smudge. iPhone exposure was 2-3 seconds. 

Thanks! Sounds like a similar "night mode" setting/exposure that I used for the aurora might work here...providing I can actually locate it tonight. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Clouds may be an issue this evening - seems models have reductions in clouds from NW to SE in the 0z to 3z timeframe. That may not be good enough - but with it being west to east - if the western sky can clear earlier we may still have a shot. 

• Like 1