Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
October Banter 2024

JenkinsJinkies

11 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Naked eye visible aurora reports from Shenandoah area. Maybe there’s a tiny red glow in this phone pic I just took?

IMG_8846.jpeg

This was about an hour later and I don’t see that faint red/pink/purple hue. So I think I did catch a little bit of real aurora glow around 815 yesterday.

IMG_8850.jpeg

• Like 4

On 10/5/2024 at 5:09 PM, CAPE said:

Drinking a KBS Spicy Chocolate Stout for HH. Need more Fall beer talk up in here.

My beer drinking has taken a nosedive in the last year. Wife and decided that we needed to drop and few lbs, so one of the first things I did was to curb my beer drinking. By the time this summer came around I found myself rarely having a beer, and when I did it was usually some sort of light pilsner or the like.

I figure I'll have a big stout from time to time once things actually get chilly, but for now I'm still enjoying my vodka drinks and crispy bois!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

My beer drinking has taken a nosedive in the last year. Wife and decided that we needed to drop and few lbs, so one of the first things I did was to curb my beer drinking. By the time this summer came around I found myself rarely having a beer, and when I did it was usually some sort of light pilsner or the like.

I figure I'll have a big stout from time to time once things actually get chilly, but for now I'm still enjoying my vodka drinks and crispy bois!

Ironically, over the past year or so, I've been drinking too much whiskey and recently have been reaching for a beer instead.  :lol:

Good thing because I'm heading to the GABF in Denver this weekend!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mappy said:

Hey yall, help the mods out and think twice about your posts. If you’re saying “this should probably be in banter”, then stop and go to banter.

xoxo

ex staff 

Ah so you're retired? Decided you were finally done trying to moderate all of us simpletons? :D

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Driving along 100 today near 29 and some of the maple tips are a super vibrant red. Someone should start a foliage thread for photos.

And @WxUSAF, no first freeze this year? Or are you betting we just don’t have a freeze?

Just kinda forgot last month and now feels too late. Happy to pass the torch to you or anyone who wants to take it over!

• Disagree 1

On 10/10/2024 at 3:01 PM, nw baltimore wx said:

Driving along 100 today near 29 and some of the maple tips are a super vibrant red. Someone should start a foliage thread for photos.

And @WxUSAF, no first freeze this year? Or are you betting we just don’t have a freeze?

On 10/10/2024 at 4:25 PM, WxUSAF said:

Just kinda forgot last month and now feels too late. Happy to pass the torch to you or anyone who wants to take it over!

@Roger Smith @RodneyS

On 10/11/2024 at 8:26 AM, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Solar eclipse in April, aurora in October… the Pi Day Lunar Eclipse really needs to not fail now so I have the triple crown all within 12 months. :lol:

There’s Comet C/2023 A3 in the sky too, i forgot to see it before it set today, so I’ll have to try again tomorrow. It will set later each night apparently.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

Big win. LJ looked great again and Andrews arose from the dead. LFG. 

Happy for Andrews, who has taken on more of a blocking role and done it well. Ultimate team player. Offense is humming now. Still waiting for the secondary to get it in gear. Clear weakness right now. That unit is largely preventing this team from being dominant.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Happy for Andrews, who has taken on more of a blocking role and done it well. Ultimate team player. Offense is humming now. Still waiting for the secondary to get it in gear. Clear weakness right now. That unit is largely preventing this team from being dominant.

So strange because coming onto the season it was one of our strengths. Getting Maulet back should be a huge help. 

32 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

How bout them Vikings, they aren't who we thought they were. 

I had them at 4 wins this year.  I didn't realize that every single FA acquisition would hit and that the coaching staff would step up to the next level.

Brutal injury for Detroit losing Aiden Hutchinson.  Hate to see that.

• Like 2