Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
October Discobs 2024

JenkinsJinkies

1 hour ago, WEATHER53 said:

Overnight low of 45 with interior house temp drop to 68 so with radiant solar no heat needed yet and see what inside temp rise is for the daylight 

That was our low as well -- and while I could (just barely) see my breath outside this AM, no heat kicked on...but maybe because I still have HVAC in "hybrid" mode. Thinking about, and praying for, those folks in the mountains of WNC who have next to nothing in terms of shelter, electricity, probably clothing, certainly food/fresh water...where the mid to high 40s to them likely feels like it's near zero right now.  :( 

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:

We should have a extreme beautiful weather warning this afternoon and watches up for the rest of the week. 

Deep blue sky 

Low humidity 

Perfect 72 degrees 

Beautiful fresh breeze from the NW.

I'm off work early and getting ready for a hike. 

100% -- we are at 73 right now, and I can't imagine a better early fall day for the DMV. (Also, based on the above commentary...I feel guilty enjoying it.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dailylurker said:

We should have a extreme beautiful weather warning this afternoon and watches up for the rest of the week. 

Deep blue sky 

Low humidity 

Perfect 72 degrees 

Beautiful fresh breeze from the NW.

I'm off work early and getting ready for a hike. 

It’s the low dewpoints that really seal the deal. 10/10 day today.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

Overnight low of 45 with interior house temp drop to 68 so with radiant solar no heat needed yet and see what inside temp rise is for the daylight 

High of 70.3 and interior peaked at 71.5 up from 68 morning low and now 70.9 with outside temp of 55.5 

We were not home so no cooking or any artificial heating.  Good sun, good sun!

Down to 37.4 here this morning, seeing a few temps near freezing on CO-OP's in area. I feel like I returned the weather with me lol. Was in SD, WY and UT for a couple weeks, most mornings were like this, near freezing in the mornings and in 60's/70's during day, EXCEPT for those two dreadful days in Rapid City (Rushmore and Crazy Horse) when temps soared into mid and upper 90's!! 

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Rain chances look meager on the means for at least the next 7 days. The abnormal dryness/moderate drought conditions across the region will persist.

was just checking that....beautiful fall weather but really dry. It's a decent trade off but at some point would like some moisture. If this is a sign for winter that when we go into a good temp pattern it goes dry then let's just skip to spring please

• Like 1