Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
October Discobs 2024

JenkinsJinkies

24 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Does anyone know when we get actual clearing and dryer air? 

Isn’t a front suppose to finally push thru later and clear everything out? Tony Pann kept mentioning a front yesterday evening during his weather hits. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mappy said:

Isn’t a front suppose to finally push thru later and clear everything out? Tony Pann kept mentioning a front yesterday evening during his weather hits. 

Same thing I thought. I wonder where it is? It's still socked in with drizzle here. I'm very much into hiking and I'm so tired of slimmy trails and slippery rocks and roots. That and my cannabis needs to be harvested. I need the buds to dry out on the plant before I can harvest. Mold has destroyed most of the outdoor crop in the area. I was smart and used mold resistant strains. 

• Like 1

The real push of drier air isn't until Saturday morning.    Models disagree about exactly how dry Thursday and Friday will be (some of the CAMs show a fair amount of low clouds, while the GFS is more optimistic.   The weekend is then really good, although somewhat higher dew points return Sunday afternoon in advance of the next front.   This front passes early Monday, and it's the real deal.    60s for Tuesday on most guidance with lows in the 40s.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, high risk said:

The real push of drier air isn't until Saturday morning.    Models disagree about exactly how dry Thursday and Friday will be (some of the CAMs show a fair amount of low clouds, while the GFS is more optimistic.   The weekend is then really good, although somewhat higher dew points return Sunday afternoon in advance of the next front.   This front passes early Monday, and it's the real deal.    60s for Tuesday on most guidance with lows in the 40s.

The previously forecast push of dry air that was supposed to come today never came to fruition, at least at our latitude.  Next week looks more certain.

• Like 2

Heavy unforecast drizzle on my walk to work in Tysons Corner.

We'll see if this next cold front comes through as promised, or whether it turns tail and retreats to Minneapolis leaving us with 60+ dewpoints until December.

• Like 1