Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
October Discobs 2024

JenkinsJinkies

39 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

If BWI was running 2-4F warmer [relative to average] than all other sites, you can guarantee, there'd be 100 posts about this at this point. Now, it's crickets - although I do see @WxUSAFhas also raised some questions about the readings recently.

Good catch on the humidity and temp. Not a slam dunk, but definitely suspect. The repaving of the apron at BWI seemed to make a real difference a few years ago. Typically pushed BWI temps closer to DCA vs IAD as before. But the min temp readings the last few weeks have surprised me. 

BWI has been about 5 degrees colder than MBY, and MBY is several hundred feet higher in elevation. Only way I see that actually happening is during calm winds for most/all of the night, which has not been the case lately. Something is goofy with the recent BWI temps.

I use to work for fedex express some years ago. I had to make a early morning run from my station in Crofton. Crofton is about 18 miles south of BWI. I remember a lot of times that I would see frost around the airport but not anywhere else. It seems like it's so open there that it radiates well during the right conditions. I think the temps are probably accurate. One thing that still pisses me off is the slant stick measurement in the 2016 storm. They claimed they had 29" and that beat the Nickerbocker storm. Pffff. No way. If anything, Feb 2010 beat it but they under measured that one. In 2016 I had about 20". No more then 18" at once. It settled during the dry slot. 

Man... these edibles i made are no joke lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, LongRanger said:

BWI has been about 5 degrees colder than MBY, and MBY is several hundred feet higher in elevation. Only way I see that actually happening is during calm winds for most/all of the night, which has not been the case lately. Something is goofy with the recent BWI temps.

Started couple days ago I agree. Don’t know if it’s relocation or other changes. 

47 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Went below 50 at 8:05 which was earliest of season 

46.5 at 11pm 

49/39 here at midnight, h*****.   Love the chilly airmass. I still haven't turned my heat on.  I did put on a hoodie this morning, but felt ashamed.