Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
October Discobs 2024

JenkinsJinkies

4 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

Turned the heat on as barely made it to 60 for a high yesterday at 60.4 and won’t make it today 

overnight low of 42 

High of 58.4 so first sub 60 high

Between dampness and chilly indoor humidity reached 65% for a day and stayed 55-60% for a week. Colder and drier air plus heat has its now  down to 48% 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

That’s amazing.  38 at IAD and 44 in the river.

39.2 here

BWI has been colder than MBY I think every or nearly every cool morning since this season. Very big change from previous years. Not sure what has changed…

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

BWI has been colder than MBY I think every or nearly every cool morning since this season. Very big change from previous years. Not sure what has changed…

maybe they moved the ASOS into the shade after Pann kept calling to complain. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mappy said:

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

That’s amazing.  38 at IAD and 44 in the river.

39.2 here

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Damn. First freeze at BWI officially. Hit 32.

That was a record low at BWI and earliest first freeze since 2006.

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

If I am reading this chart right looks like the record minimum high for today at BWI is 67? NWS forecast is 59.

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Something is amiss. I never see ASOS reporting 100% without some sort of weather (fog, rain, snow), and they claim it actually dropped 2F below the minimum hourly dewpoint reading. Looking at the climate stats, BWI is running 2-4F cooler [relative to its average] than all of the surrounding sites for weeks on end. What is going on here?

image.png.2c6cde922c5890205e333ffee2f1ca92.png

1 minute ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Something is amiss. I never see ASOS reporting 100% without some sort of weather (fog, rain, snow), and they claim it actually dropped 2F below the minimum hourly dewpoint reading. Looking at the climate stats, BWI is running 2-4F cooler [relative to its average] than all of the surrounding sites for weeks on end. What is going on here?

image.png.2c6cde922c5890205e333ffee2f1ca92.png

If BWI was running 2-4F warmer [relative to average] than all other sites, you can guarantee, there'd be 100 posts about this at this point. Now, it's crickets - although I do see @WxUSAFhas also raised some questions about the readings recently.

3 hours ago, mappy said:

Pann is an idiot. Always complaining about the BWI "heat island" - you want to know what temperatures would look like if we continued to measure the old way (i.e., on the rooftop of the Baltimore Commons)? Well I have an idea, let's look at the actual data. They kept that site open until 2000, before retiring it because of how much hotter is was! There were dozens of more days in the 90s and 100s, and with minima above 80F. When you look at the historic records, THIS is what you are looking at. Of course, the source below somehow spins that into "climate change is a hoax" even though common sense would dictate the opposite conclusion... that is, the old records were of poorer quality and warm biased.

The BWI "urban heat island" effect is mostly made up. The Inner Harbor ASOS is always warmer [which is probably a better measure for the city of Baltimore, you know the place were most people live and work!], and lately has been MUCH warmer.

Source: How not to measure temperature, part 48. NOAA cites errors with Baltimore's Rooftop USHCN Station – Watts Up With That?

• 100% 1