Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
October 2024 General Discussion

Geoboy645

48 minutes ago, Lightning said:

1.5" total for the weekend.  Looks like we are going back to a bit of dry pattern after today (don't mind in October).  Hopefully get a freeze one of the next couple mornings.

Exact same here - 1.50". Was not expecting it.

INCREDIBLE Fall weather this week. Great for the Fall color show.

• Like 1
  • 100% 1

Storms missed me to the north by about 10 miles Saturday night, I got split by two cells Sunday afternoon, but I did cash in on about .10" of rain from lake enhancement last night. Almost lost an inflatable pumpkin due to some 40 mph gusts but managed to make the save before it rolled into the street.

Sunny today and refreshingly crisp. We should get a few lake effect showers this afternoon.

Been blessed not to have as much cloudiness as forecast, yesterday afternoon was fine with sun out and then this morning I got hours of sunny breaks with modest clouding up after noon. No rain ever came! The Thanksgiving prize was instead of -1C it only made it down to 3C.

For any Canadians left here, happy Thankgiving! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Torchageddon said:

Been blessed not to have as much cloudiness as forecast, yesterday afternoon was fine with sun out and then this morning I got hours of sunny breaks with modest clouding up after noon. No rain ever came! The Thanksgiving prize was instead of -1C it only made it down to 3C.

For any Canadians left here, happy Thankgiving! 

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well :) 

If skies clear up tonight, YYZ will likely make it down to 2C (35F) as well. 

• Like 1

My take on the aurora from Thursday night. Photographing one has been on my bucket list for a while, especially after not going out for the last big event back in May because I didn't think the clouds would clear in time over southern Wisconsin. :poster_oops:

Took me awhile to find a decent spot in rural western Dane County, away from the light pollution of Madison, where there wasn't a tree-lined ridge completely blocking the northern sky. Then of course when I finally found one it was right during a lull in activity. Eventually another substorm hit and a faint glow appeared in the northern sky, gradually brightening with some pillars visible to the naked eye, although the colors really weren't.

Aurora Borealis over Black Earth, WI 10/10/2024 1

Aurora Borealis over Black Earth, WI 10/10/2024 2

Aurora Borealis over Black Earth, WI 10/10/2024 3

Aurora Borealis over Black Earth, WI 10/10/2024 4

Aurora Borealis over Black Earth, WI 10/10/2024 5

Aurora Borealis over Black Earth, WI 10/10/2024 6

Aurora Borealis over Black Earth, WI 10/10/2024 7

• Like 10