Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
Rocktober Obs/DISCO

40/70 Benchmark

16 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

Scooter- good work by you and Ray in the Tropical thread for Helene and now with Milton;  bringing some normalcy to what can be a dumpster fire of a thread

I didn’t post in the Milton thread yet.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Real and spectacular. Radiating cold is fake and made up 

Absolutely.  However, when it's -20 some January mornings, I haven't been able to convince the pickup's battery that the cold is fake.

No fake cold here as the clouds slid in from the east overnight.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • 100% 2

26 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Absolutely.  However, when it's -20 some January mornings, I haven't been able to convince the pickup's battery that the cold is fake.

No fake cold here as the clouds slid in from the east overnight.

Congrats I guess. I’ll take colder daytime highs and snow in marginal events while the radiators rain . To each their own 

• Weenie 1

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Congrats I guess. I’ll take colder daytime highs and snow in marginal events while the radiators rain . To each their own 

Ahhh, a rite of passage into fall is when a bunch of posters get some chilly mornings and then the forum has the fake cold discussion to minimize it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Crap 1

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You can’t minimize fake.. can you?

Ha, just feels like we have the same discussion all year round when it gets cold at night.  But it makes sense, probably 75 rad nights a year, off-set by maybe one elevation snower if lucky.

• Like 1

watch the mid week cool pop end up so windy that last night is the coolest night in the stretch   lol

not sayn that's happening just that it'd be apropos for climate-any-excuse-to-not-be-as-cold-as-guidance-complexion-change

• Like 1

sort of a warm/cool tussle going on in the guidance after mid week tho.  

the higher latitude indices are in a warm phase.   the pna is in positive mode.   

...and the operational guidances are yo-yoing the pattern across the continent about evenly between which one of those larger scaled circumstances will proxy our daily weather from roughly the 10th -20th

3 hours ago, kdxken said:

We tried to tell you.

The irony is today likely is an above normal departure after the afternoon warmth.

Like 65/37 is a positive departure here… the min is about normal and the max is above.

But anything near normal does feel surprisingly cold, this morning was a nice treat to get to the baseline.

• Like 1