Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Rocktober Obs/DISCO

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You took 70’s this week and hit 80-85. Helloween will be 80

Yes, and that’s fine…I have no issues with saying that.  I’m going below 80 for Halloween.  That’s my call.  If it hits 80 here next Thursday, I’ll gladly say I was incorrect. 

• Like 1

No trolling, this is somewhat unusual autumn. We do have a mild-down coming late week, fall-like- but then it's torchy

Looking ahead...

Trough dominance looks to be rather short lived with ridging
building in by mid next week. CPC has also noted the "return of
the ridge" with the 8-14 day outlook heavily favoring above
normal temps and below normal precipitation. It`s quite possible
temps in the 70s return to round out the month; could we see
the 70s persist into November? It`s too early to nail down
specifics, but those planning on Trick or Treating will
certainly want to check back before Halloween to see how many
layers they may, or may not, need to wear to head out on the
town!

I was in Fall River today and then drove from there to customers in S RI. Went thru Newport / Jamestown over the bridges there and noticed everything was green and lush and they had great and vibrant foliage (unlike anywhere in CT). I thought I recalled they had some heavy rains in that area that areas NW of 95 missed out on the last two weeks . It looked like a different world down there. They were even out mowing the grass on some of the highways. This map illustrates perfectly what I saw 

lqWtRW1.png

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I was in Fall River today and then drove from there to customers in S RI. Went thru Newport / Jamestown over the bridges there and noticed everything was green and lush and they had great and vibrant foliage (unlike anywhere in CT). I thought I recalled they had some heavy rains in that area that areas NW of 95 missed out on the last two weeks . It looked like a different world down there. They were even out mowing the grass on some of the highways. This map illustrates perfectly what I saw 

lqWtRW1.png

Kev.... What in the hell are you talking about. When I look out my window at the woods around almost the entire perimeter of my house.... I see beautiful colors. Is it the best year for fall foliage... I'm not sure on that. But, it's not all brown trees. 

• 100% 1

8 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Kev.... What in the hell are you talking about. When I look out my window at the woods around almost the entire perimeter of my house.... I see beautiful colors. Is it the best year for fall foliage... I'm not sure on that. But, it's not all brown trees. 

Even Ryan today said the foliage this week went to shit. Maybe you’ve got a few red maples but it’s brutal and most admit it . Like I keri saying.. my job allows me to drive all over New England so I see a bunch of areas / weather etc. Far and away the best foliage this fall has been in SE areas of SNE. It is vibrant there as of today. As I drove NW into CT it got worse and worse. I’m not making foliage up lol. It is what it is . You and Wolf have some serious foliage rage 

• Crap 1

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Even Ryan today said the foliage this week went to shit. Maybe you’ve got a few red maples but it’s brutal and most admit it . Like I keri saying.. my job allows me to drive all over New England so I see a bunch of areas / weather etc. Far and away the best foliage this fall has been in SE areas of SNE. It is vibrant there as of today. As I drove NW into CT it got worse and worse. I’m not making foliage up lol. It is what it is 

We are starting to get a slight tad past peak, but overall That’s total BS for here in my area.  Been a very good year for foliage here. I’ll go at it with you on that until the end. Some areas may not be good, but that doesn’t apply for plainville/southington/Cheshire at all. End of story. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Torch Tiger said:

No trolling, this is somewhat unusual autumn. We do have a mild-down coming late week, fall-like- but then it's torchy

Looking ahead...

Trough dominance looks to be rather short lived with ridging
building in by mid next week. CPC has also noted the "return of
the ridge" with the 8-14 day outlook heavily favoring above
normal temps and below normal precipitation. It`s quite possible
temps in the 70s return to round out the month; could we see
the 70s persist into November? It`s too early to nail down
specifics, but those planning on Trick or Treating will
certainly want to check back before Halloween to see how many
layers they may, or may not, need to wear to head out on the
town!

It’s funny how these unprecedented phenomenon are happening all over the world, with increasing frequency … yet we’re not allowed to blame any specific one of them on cc…

lol

eventually … the frequency will have increased to the point where it’s just … welp, all the time  ie, the new climate, and it still won’t be because of cc

• Sad 1
  • 100% 1

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It’s funny how these unprecedented phenomenon are happening all over the world, with increasing frequency … yet we’re not allowed to blame any specific one of them on cc…

lol

eventually … the frequency will have increased to the point where it’s just … welp, all the time  ie, the new climate, and it still won’t be because of cc

The anger when anyone even mentions CC is also bizarre.  I guess it's been so overly politicized  that it's impossible to mention it without getting your head ripped off. 

It's also probably the reason why we're all screwed Fermi paradox style

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

lol

“We do a lot of firsts. Let me tell you folks, we do a lot of firsts.” - DJT

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

he was drunk posting ?

1 hour ago, Torch Tiger said:

he was drunk posting ?

DIT is going down with that ship/take, no matter what.  I’m sure there is nice foliage scenes nearby or throughout.

If his environment is largely dry oaks during a multi-month stein stretch, I’m sure that’s not vibrant.  Oaks usually aren’t to begin with. But once the species mix changes along with soil/precip, it’s probably great.

When you live on the warmest hilltop with the latest frost/freezes and longest growing season, with all oaks, and dry antecedent conditions…. probably not ideal for vibrant neighborhood color.

• Like 1
  • 100% 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

DIT is going down with that ship/take, no matter what.  I’m sure there is nice foliage scenes nearby or throughout.

If his environment is largely dry oaks during a multi-month stein stretch, I’m sure that’s not vibrant :lol:.  Oaks usually aren’t to begin with. But once the species mix changes and soil/precip, it’s probably great.

When you live on the warmest hilltop with the latest frost/freezes and longest growing season, with all oaks, and dry antecedent conditions…. probably not ideal for vibrant neighborhood color.

I have to agree with your explanations..it’s poor where he is. But as you said in other areas it’s excellent.