Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Rocktober Obs/DISCO

40/70 Benchmark

40 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hopefully next year the foliage is better than the last several in SNE

I can't understand how your area, or your microclimate is giving you a s***** Foliage. I wouldn't call it s***** when I look around the area here in Plainville. Plus we took a ride out to Washington outside of Litchfield and it was beautiful. Strange that you think it's real bad

• Confused 1
  • 100% 1

19 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

I've been looking everywhere for it and have yet to see it ugh.. look wsw? Can you see it with just your eyes still or is that zoomed in with a camera? 

Use your phone with a 3s exposure or so to pinpoint it. It's hard to see with the naked eye...it's like a faint star. The pic was obviously with a longer exposure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BrianW said:

One of the worst years here on the shoreline for color...

Screenshot_20241020_193542_Gallery.jpg

I mean, there’s a lot of green in that photo.  It’s just peaking in many areas well north of you (even up at this latitude in the Champlain Valley).  You’ve got some time left to judge, especially if things are still blooming.  It may be November, but the leaves will still likely flash for a period.

• 100% 1

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I mean, there’s a lot of green in that photo.  It’s just peaking in many areas well north of you (even up at this latitude in the Champlain Valley).  You’ve got some time left to judge, especially if things are still blooming.  It may be November, but the leaves will still likely flash for a period.

Seems like every year follows a similar playbook for me. I start off thinking it’s dull or not great and then all of a sudden it like a switch is flipped and it’s brilliant. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah these diurnals yesterday and now today are really the bigger story for me personally.    autumn has always been known in numerical record keeping ( april, too - when not being backdoor harassed) as the big diurnals month.   the air is dryer... that's it. that's the reason.   but usually that's 30, sometimes 35.  even rarer, 40 degree spreads.   we're 45 two days in a row.  i'm not sure if the diurnal change is a record that is actually kept but these deltas have balls.  

really is winter to summer in a matter of hours

Obviously some bad data there but looks like a record for BDL with the 45.

network_CT_ASOS__zstation_BDL__v_largest__month_fall___r_t__dpi_100.png

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ineedsnow said:

I've been looking everywhere for it and have yet to see it ugh.. look wsw? Can you see it with just your eyes still or is that zoomed in with a camera? 

pretty much due west, hour after sunset.  (straight up from where Venus set. We could see if here on Saturday at a dark golf course.  Was blurry with naked eye but could find it knowing where to look.  It is getting higher but dimmer each day.  

info here:

https://skyandtelescope.org/astronomy-news/get-ready-for-comet-tsuchinshan-atlas-the-best-is-yet-to-come/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, klw said:

pretty much due west, hour after sunset.  (straight up from where Venus set. We could see if here on Saturday at a dark golf course.  Was blurry with naked eye but could find it knowing where to look.  It is getting higher but dimmer each day.  

info here:

https://skyandtelescope.org/astronomy-news/get-ready-for-comet-tsuchinshan-atlas-the-best-is-yet-to-come/

I've had better luck seeing it with the naked eye within 30 minutes of sunset.  After has been harder (at least for me/here).

14 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Uh wtf at #1

That would be the "bad data" he referenced ;) .

11 hours ago, bwt3650 said:

Not a leaf guy, but plenty of color out there.

Imagine causing an accident just so you can show your online friends the foliage on the side of the road?  Put your effing phone down and drive.